Chapter 43

Chapter 43

The air was still filled with the smell of gun fire and small explosions, the rain started to treacle on the window as if the sky itself was weeping over there tragic loss, the mood was bleak indeed, Marcus felt helpless, he was back to him self again, Marcus hadn’t  realised what he had done, or what he was doing as he walked over to her lifeless body to the point where he feel down down on both of his knees staring at his hands still covered in blood , his mind paced as he thought is this here blood? No it cant be there is no mark on her? she felt cold to his touch as he tried to hold her leaving blood smudges on her face and neck, her skin was pale and she lost all colour to her lips, no breath or life in her, a slow tear ran down the side of his cheek as it dropped down onto hers, one followed another like clear crystal droplets, he let a loud scream that echoed down the hall, is if the heavens felt his pain a flash of lighting and a clash of thunder roared.

Izzy could but to feel some sort of sorrow for him and that he lost the love of her life, she sighed as she walked over to Lucan and Caleb who were on the floor and slowly stirring, Lucan looked up at Izzy and said “its over, lets get a clean up crew in asap, Caleb your in charge of that department, is every one ok?”

Ruby sat up replied “i’m fine, though i think Luna took a shoulder wound, you ok Luna”

Luna stood up with one arm out of her sleeve while the other was holding onto her arm with bits of blood dripping down to the floor, she winced in pain and while gritting her teeth together said “i’m ok, just a little flesh wound that’s all”

Lucan stood up and felt around his pocket for a cigar or a lighter but all he could feel was a metal of some sort with a bullet wedged into it, he looked it over back and forth but his focus changed as he saw Marcus kneeling down beside Gwen with blood on his hands, he dropped the plate which made everyone look, most of them had their eyes wide with shock, as another flash of lighting and clap of thunder rang out, Lucan sighed and said to himself “This is part of the job i hate the most, maybe i should retire”

Caleb stood up colding his chest in pain as he took out the plate and said “seems she saved us but couldn’t save herself, dame why did she save us?”

Marcus didn’t say a word as Ruby took hers out and said “she had a vision, she knew where the bullets would hit and what to use, i guess she cared for us, even you Luna”

Luna looked at Ruby with a surprised look and then looked on the floor feeling sad as she said “yeah, it would seem....What now?”

Lucan walked past the large table looking over Gabe’s dead body, Lucan sighed and said “we nearly had her, she can’t harm anyone now but now she has escaped us forever”

Izzy sighed and said “Sorry, i should have aimed better”

Caleb walked over to her and placed his arm on her shoulder and said “it’s ok Izzy, lets leave them for now and organise a clean up crew”

Both Izzy and Caleb walked out of the room as Anderson walked in, he looked around the room and could read the situation clearly, Anderson walked up to the mess of blood and bodie parts as he held his hand on his mouth due to the rancid smell of a dead carcass, Anderson started to say a prayer, Ruby walked away and over to Marcus, she placed a hand on his shoulder and said “Marcus we need to go”

Marcus didn’t say a word or even moved, Ruby didn’t need to read his mind to know how he felt, as she walked over to Luna something dropped from her eye as it started to tickle the side of her face, it was wet, she stopped in her place and whipped her cheek and noticed it was water, she looked up to see if the roof was dripping but nothing she shook her head as Luna looked up and asked “are you alright love?”