Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Luna and Marcus walked through the door, Luna had a bit of trouble walking through the door with all the bags around her hands, she was panting hard and out of breath, the house was dark as all the blinds were drawn, as Marcus walked into the room ruby popped round the corner holding her gun and aiming it towards Marcus, he didn’t even flinch but Luna let out a little yelp, Marcus knew if Ruby wanted to shoot him she would have done by now, Ruby ran to Marcus with excitement and hugged him hard, he was caught by surprise as she hugged him tightly, Marcus still had his arms out wondering what he should do, he slowly tightened his grip around her and asked at her “Are you alright Ruby you seem shocked and nerved, which is unlike you?”

Ruby looked up at him with a cold stare that could put any warm heart on ice, Ruby kept her calm and composure, “I heard what had happen at the West fields and I got worried”

Marcus raised a questionable look towards Ruby as he said “Really?”

“Well yes and no, I was worried that I won’t get my turn tonight as well as some blood and no because it ought you how to defend yourself”

Marcus Loosened his grip slightly before saying, “Your as cold as ever, even Luna was worried about me”

Luna managed to squeeze past Both Ruby and Marcus, she dropped her bags by the side of the sofa and sat down very hard, letting out a sigh in relief for being on her feet all day, Luna could see that Marcus was looking at her when he finished say those words and was expecting some kind of support but all Ruby could muster was “Well you are my mate, if you wasn’t then I guess I wouldn’t care that much”

Marcus Loosened grip further to the point that his arms felt dead to him, he face showed a bit of sorrow and a bit of anger, he grabbed Ruby’s arms and pushed her back a little before saying “I need to take a shower alone”

Ruby nodded and let Marcus be on his way, she then sat down next to Luna and the pair of them stared blankly at the TV which was switched off, Ruby opened her mouth but said nothing then Luna said “I’m guessing you don’t have to read his mind to understand how he felt there now did you”

Ruby didn’t even turn her head but still kept a straight face about it “no I didn’t, neither of us really love him, we just use him for sex and in my case some blood”

Luna just nodded in agreement, letting out a sigh with a slight smile on her face “to be the only human he knows who is neither dead nor alive must be hard indeed, I mean he lives in two worlds as a human and a supernatural with a psychic ability”

Ruby glanced at Luna and soon her little smile disappeared, Ruby then said “We shouldn’t have made that pact with him, but he would have been dead otherwise and his powers lost, but what is done is done”

Marcus was in the shower naked, he hand one hand on the wall while the shower was on, this was one of the few time he had on his own, his mind was wondering about all sorts of things who is after me and why? And he often also thought about his parents and then the one that always got to him was why do I feel alone?

To him it was a big question, he was with two beautiful women both skilled and willing to do anything for him, but he still felt empty inside, he put his hand on his chest and felt the scar on his chest, it was that day that changed him for the rest of his life, at first it seemed like a great idea to have two women at his beck and call even during sex, but as days turned into weeks the sex wasn’t out of love, something he misses, love with another human, some like him but he knew he wasn’t human, not anymore.

There was a loud shout followed by the thump of the sofa over turning, Marcus let out another sigh and said to himself “There at it again”

He turned off the shower and grabbed a towel from the railing opposite, he wrapped it round his lower half of his body so that his chest was showing, as he stepped out of the shower the floor was cold, but it didn’t bother him, he stood in the doorway that boarders the bedroom and living room, Ruby was on one side and Luna was in the other, the sofa was flipped on its back and there was smashed glass and potteries on the floor which surrounded Luna and Ruby, Ruby had a vase in her hands and Luna was getting ready to duck, Marcus stepped out saying “What are you two arguing about now?”