Chapter 40

Chapter 40

Kiren stood there, heart beating and a swet drop feel down his cheek, his eyes wide in surprise and mouth open, he could feel a lump in his throat, he couldn’t believe what he was seeing, a young woman who he thought was dead it took him a split second to gain his composer as his brows narrowed with anger “how? How the hell are you still alive?”

Gwen dropped the rucksack on the floor, not looking surprised she smiled and said “i guess i got lucky”

Kiren could hear the confidance in her voice, how defiant it was, it pissed him off, no matter he thought ill end this, Kiren took out one of his throwing knifes and started to move towards Gwen, he slowly started to circle but Gwen also started to circle him, Kiren smiled “so what do i owe the pleasure?”

Gwen watched Kiren as he started to twirl the small blade in his fingers, she could tell his was impatient and fast but she had a few tricks up her sleeve “Well Kiren i’m here for my firends”

Kiren snorted “You mean that lot, listen, i don’t want to ruin that pretty face or body of yours so why don’t you come quietly and i may spare them, deal?”

Gwen stopped “ok here is new deal, you leave, i rescue them”

Kiren sighed “so its come down to this has it, very well i won’t cut you up....too much”

Kiren vanished without a trace, Gwen waited as Kiren appeared and attempted for a slice with his short blade Gwen was quick enough to see him and grib him by his wrist causeing him to drop the knife flipping him over her shoulder causing him to land a few meters flat on his back, Kiren was stareing at the ceiling for a short moment before hi jumped to his feet, as he did he threw three blades in Gwen’s direction, all three were spinning in the air but Gwen caught one as she back flipped to avoided them, she threw the blade back at Kiren which made a tear in his trousers and stuck to the floor, Kiren looked at the blade and smiled “so it would seem this kitten does have claws after all”

Gwen sighed “that maybe the case”

Kiren smiled “if thats so then how or where did you get this talent, humph, maybe it is luck after all”

Gwen took a calm breath, Kiren dashed in her position, Gwen pulled out a combat knife, the handle was a hand width apart and the blade was as long as her forearm, Kiren drew a blade of similer length, Gwen flipped the blade sideways blocking Kiren’s oncoming attacks, with each strike there was a flare of sparks, Gwen was holding her own, twisting and turning to block or dodge each onslaught of attacks, Kiren was relentless spinning and twisting, if there was a audience it was like watching two worriers fighting but both were equally matched in terms of skill, speed and precision, Kiren drew first blood as he made a slash and Gwen barely dodged it in time, Gwen had back flipped back away from Kiren, she could see his smug grin “Well Gwen it would seem i drew first blood, face it id didn’t want draw blood from your pretty face but....”

Kiren stopped as he looked at Gwen’s cheek and not seeing a slice mark but on his blade was fresh blood, he scrutinised her up and down as a look of confusion washed down his face, Kiren looked at the blade as a tiny ruby droplet of blood fell to the floor.

Ruby’s eyes went bright red as she looked around the room frantically, Luna could see Luna was frantic about somthing as Luna said “you ok?”

Ruby started to wriggle to try and free herself from her cuffs, one of the guards spotted her and butted her with his rifle knocking her out cold, Marcus looked furious as he too tried to find a way of the cuffs, Lucan looked at him and said “Look it’s no good, we have to wait”

Marcus sighed “I know but thats no way to treat a lady, how’s caleb?”

Lucan looked over at Caleb who was still unconscious on the floor tied up to a metal pillar, Marcus looked at Lucan from his side “Look we got vamps and wolfs why the hell cant you guys brake loose?”