chapter 44

Chapter 44

It had only been 24 hours but the mood hadn’t changed for Marcus, he couldn’t get any sleep while everyone was in dream land and it continued to rain out side hard, he left his phone at home along with his badge and gun, for him it was all over, for them it was all over but his mind flashed back to when he hit Gwen and she died, being lifeless like that it made him shiver, Stacy came over with a hot fresh cup of coffee as she set it down she said “here you go love” and sat down opposite him, Stacy wasn’t smiling either as she could tell that Marcus was down, she looked at him and found him staring into his cup, she pulled a weary smile and said “how’s things?”

Marcus let out a big sigh and said “i can’t tell you much, but i nearly killed or i think i killed the women i love, i’m worried Stacy”

Stacy put her hand on his and said “well you’ll know what to do but i was told once that if you love her then you would let them go”

Marcus looked up at Stacy “thats the second time someone has said that to me, how’s Giraldo doing?”

Stacy smiled “well he wasn’t happy about what happened, but it was a good excuse to redecorate the place though he wasn’t happy about spending money on it, until we got sum of money to fix the place but not sure who from”

Marcus had a big smile on his face as he said “its ok, the SAS paid for it all”

Giraldo came out with a bright white apreon “yes i know they did, they wanted it back the way it was but i said NO! We want it like this and now it looks brighter and we been getting more guest, the thought that a hunchback welding knife maniac is bringing in customers near and far”

Marcus looked around noticing how empty it was and said “well it looks empty at the moment”

Giraldo smiled as he sat next to Stacy and said “Ha i know but even i can’t control the weather, so now that your case is solved what is your plan next?”

Marcus sighed and looked in his coffee, he picked it up and took a sip of his coffee, it was strong and filled with sugar, he put it down and said “well i don’t know, ill probably lose my job now”

Stacy tilted her head and said “Why?”

Marcus smiled “I held my boss up by the scruff of the neck, he wanted Gwen so he could make a team of psycic troopers, but at this time she was dead”

Giraldo “sounds like something out of a sci-fi film, i guess it would be the best for you, at least you have your job at the museum, it less dangerous, how is your girlfriend what’s her name again? Gwon no Gwen thats it, it..... ithink”

Stacy shook her head, as she looked up she noticed a person walking in with a umbrella dripping wet, she closed the umbrella and shook of the excess water, she was wearing a sports hoddy, jeans and trainers, her hear was in a ponytail and her glasses were steamed up, she looked around and noticed the three figures sitting down, Giraldo stood with his arms wide open and said “Ah welcome to our Cafe my dear what can i get you?”

Gwen smiled and said “Ill have a blood free cola please”

Stacy smiled as she patted Marcus on the hand and said “ill leave you two to it”

With that she stood up and walked behind the counter and into the kitchen, Gwen walked up to Marcus who still had a beige coat on but undone, his hear looked damp and his appearance looked different, his ears looked more pointed and his features more strong, as he tried to smile she noticed he had fangs, it suited him actually but something seemed wrong him, he looked tired Gwen sat down and placed her umbrella beside her as she said “I thought i would find you here, we tried calling you but Ruby found your mobile on the side table”