chapter 22

Chapter 22

Ruby sat down at her work bench sorting out her guns, cheeking each bullet one by one, lubing her guns and cleaning the barrels, she was quiet but more so then always, Luna was asleep on the bed, she could be heard snoring, Jasper was strapped to a chair, not moving but just staring into nothing, Gwen was trying to sleep but she found it hard with Jasper in the same room, Marcus was pacing up and down, his mind was also pacing working out what to do next, then it hit him he walked over to Ruby and placed his hand on her naked shoulder as he ask her “You ok ruby?”

Ruby nodded and replied “Yeah I’m ok and i know your plan of action but I want to be the one who either capture or kill him”

Marcus sighed and said “Well it’s easier said than done”

Ruby looked back to Marcus her eyes were bright red with anger, her fangs were out, her voice was vicious as she said “I will get him, he turned against his own clan and I will make sure he is dead or worse”

Marcus didn’t flinch, Ruby snapped back concentrating back at her table Marcus slowly leaned forward towards Ruby’s neck and slowly started to kiss the side of it, Ruby could fell his warm kisses against her neck and it made her feel giddy and slowly calmer, she looked at Marcus square in the eyes, but her smile dropped suddenly as she said “Marcus your eyes their red”

Marcus blinked and as he did they were blue again, Ruby looked worried as did her next question “How long have you known about it?”

Marcus sighed, he peered over his shoulder at the couch and looked carefully at Gwen, he didn’t want her to know but he was wondering if she already knows but he couldn’t take that chance, he gestured to ruby to follow, ruby stood up and followed Marcus to the bedroom as the two stood just in front of the bed, Luna’s ears began to twitch as her eyes slowly open not making a move listening in on the conversation, Ruby crossed her arms waiting for Marcus’s answer he just replied “A few years now, a moment ago when Luna turned i....i...well snapped myself, apparently imy eyes turned yellow and i roared, but Luna back down....the first time i knew about it was a year after the Pact we made, i looked in the mirror and saw my eyes change”

Ruby paced slightly as she started to think about Marcus’s predicament, she stopped and said “Oh fuck, if what i’m thinking is correct then i have only heard about this a few rare times but i need to ask my more secure sources”

Marcus raised a eyebrow repeating “Secure sources?” 

Ruby nodded “Yeah me Marcus, if i can’t trust Zane then i can’t trust anybody outside of these fours walls”

Luna over heard everything but things went quiet for a bit as Marcus said “Ok Luna you don’t have to pretend you’re asleep”

Luna pretended to stir in her sleep as she rolled over and said “What? What is going on?”

Marcus gave her a stern look as he said “You know full well, listen the sun will be up soon once Lucan arrives to pick up Jasper there i need a faver of you”

Luna smiled as she said “ooooo ok i hope it is something sexual because I’m starting to get frisky”

Marcus laughed slightly as he said to Luna “Its nothing like that, i need you to take Gwen shopping”

Luna frowned and said “why should i, why cant the traitor here do it?”

Ruby didn’t flinch or say a word, Marcus answered her question with a straight face “First you need to heal, second Ruby has complete access to the whole building and knows it inside out and plus i need Gwen preoccupied and looking nice please, i have a idea to bring her to the museum with me”