Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Marcus and Gwen had finished their meal and drunk their drinks, both of them felt full, Gwen was contempt at the fact that it had been a while she had a meal that big, Gwen looked down at herself and said “I feel fat”

Marcus smiled and said “you don’t, it was just a big meal, bloated is more like it you look fine”

Gwen smiled as Giraldo walked over and said “So you two love birds eh?”

Gwen and Marcus looked at each other babbling trying to come up with a excuse as Giraldo then said “Well either way it’s nice to see you happy again”

Giraldo walked away behind the counter and gave Stacy a big hug and a sloppy kiss, which made her scream out, Gwen looked at Marcus as she asked him “So if we’re not love birds then what are we then” Gwen raised a eyebrow waiting for the answer to her question.

Marcus could have choked but he was calm and replied “well we are more of colleagues really like you said”

Gwen replied “ok, so it’s gone from witness were i felt like i was being watched twenty four seven to colleagues were its just purely work related”

Marcus nodded and said “Yeah more or less”

Gwen started to play with her hair, she took a look around the Cafe, it was fairly big on the inside compared to the outside, the tables were white with a black trim, the chairs were cream coloured with a metal frame, the floor was a gray marble like colour, the ceiling was white and so was the walls, the counter top was also gray, on it was the cash register, a cake stand and some assorted drinks and snacks , on the walls was various pictures, the back room near the counter had a door which was attached to the kitchen,  Gwen then said to MArcus “Well...Luna and Ruby are colleagues and yet you seen to jump into bed with then from my understanding every night, last night i was wearing ear plugs”

Marcus sighed and said “Yeah i know, like i said Luna wanted to make your night a bit of a hell really”

Gwen nodded and said “so i have two questions”

Marcus perked up a bit and said “Go on”

Gwen leaned forward arms crossed elbows on the table and asked “one is what is this pact you made with those two?”

Marcus laughed slightly as he leaned forward and said to Gwen “Have you ever been stabbed in chest to the point where you nearly die?”

Gwen shock her head and carried on listening as Marcus continued “me Luna and Ruby were after a rouge Vampire, the three of us separated, i had one of Ruby’s guns fully loaded, the vampire got the jump on me a drove a small sword through me, this is why i have the scar on my chest”

Marcus began to unbutton his shirt  from top to bottom, as he opend his shirt to show his scar and chest Gwens eyes lit up, to Gwen he was fairly well built but the scar was a ugly yet beautiful truth that Marcus couldn’t care less about, Gwen’s mind rushed at the sight of his masculine chest, she started to feel strange like butterflies in her stomach, but she sighed a sigh of relief as Marcus started to button up his shirt, she said to herself ok didn’t see that coming but wow it was the first time she had see his chest let alone the scar, Gwen’s eyes were wide.

While Marcus was doing up his shirt he carried on by saying “The vampire thought i was dead but i put a bullet to his head when he came close to whisper that he was going to drink my blood, i left dyeing, couldn’t move and yet i could taste metal, i was a goner, but it would seem fate had another idea in mind, Ruby found me first and bit into me, at the same time she gave me her blood so i don’t fully turn but still heal at the same time, Ruby left me to recover as she started looking for a first aid kit, thats when Luna found me, al she did was bit me on the otherside, a vampire bite and a werewolf bite would cancel each other out but leave the person on a living recover state”