Prolouge

Prologue

The night was bitterly cold, the stars where out with a full moon to keep them company, the streets were calm and quiet with a few cars travelling back and forth, the park was spacious, it had various trees of different shapes and sizes but the one that stood out the most was a giant oak, on one side of the park was a toddlers play area with small climbing frame, slides and swings, on the other side was a more modern park set with a large slide, big swings and various other things for the bigger kids to play on.

On the swings sat a young man dressed in black clothing, black shoes, black trousers, black socks white shirt, black tie, a black suit jacket and a pair of black gloves, his hair was short but smart and comb over to one side, he has bright blue eyes but with a cubbish face, he sat there swinging by himself at the dead of night alone.

He sat there thinking of the good times he had while they were alive, he often smiled with each thought about how his parents used to take him places, buy him sweets, he could never make up his mind on what he wanted but he was never greedy fun times he thought, then the smile would disappear, he tried to remain strong but a tear escaped from his eye and rushed down his cheek, he tried to rub it out with sleeve, he was the only one at his parents funereal, none of his family turned up as they didn’t want anything to do with him or his parents, he looked at his hand and took his glove off, he stopped swinging and stared at his hand for a while.

He thought to himself why am I different? If I didn’t have this curse I would be a lot happier, he slammed his fist hard against the metal swing only for him to catch a quick glimpse of something before it faded away, he put his glove back on and got up and started walking towards his home, we walked the length of the park on the grass, it was damp from mildew and it crunched underneath as it tried to freeze over a little.

A lone figure watched the young man walking away high from within the tress branches, silent for a while before talking to herself saying “ This one has a lot on his mind, it’s like reading a open book”

With that said the figure jumped down and started to follow the young teenager, darting from shadow to shadow of the trees, the young boy stopped before he got to entrance to the park and looked back, he had a weird feeling he was being followed by someone or something but he dismissed the notion and carried on walking down the street, the lights were on glowing a bright orange and every now and again the flash light of a car would come down the road.

There was a howl from a fox that made the young man’s heart skip a beat and started to pick up the pace along the main road passing several rows of houses, a tower block, even a gas station, the lone figure was still in hot pursuit following the young man almost on his heels without trying to be seen by the young man.

He starting to feel more and more nervous, he know now he isn’t far from home and starts to pick up the pace a little more to the point where he is fast walking and breathing heavily, he turns a corner and bumps into a woman wearing a fur coat and high heels with long light brown hair and a dog collar she looked down at the young man staring up at her with slight as he yelped in horror showing the fear on his face “Whoa, easy there Are you ok love?” she asked with a warm hearted smile on her face.

With a scared look he just nodded and with that the woman in the fur coat said “Alright now you better head on home you shouldn’t be out this time of night, now run along”

After saying that she smiled and watched the boy walk off down the road, she also watched him get out his keys to enter his large bungalow house; she then leaned up against the wall and said with a confident voice “You can stop hiding from around the corner”

The shady character appeared from around the corner, it was a woman, wearing a black leather outfit with long black hair and ruby red lips, the woman in the fur coat looked at her up and down with just her eyes, then the leather wearing woman said “I knew I could sense a she-wolf, what are you after?”

“Me? I’m just waiting to be picked up by strangers on the street, what about you, why are you stalking a young boy? He far too young to turn”

The two females stood there staring at each other, neither one wants to let the other know about their true intentions, they both had a interest in the young man, each had a cold stare towards one another like two rivals waiting to fight it out .

“Well if your waiting to be picked by random strangers I should be on my way then” said the woman in leather

The woman in the fur coat just nodded as she watched the woman in leather walk further down the road and disappear around a corner, the woman in the fur coat looked round and pulled a mobile out of her pocket, she looked through her phone book and called a number, there was a few rings, a click then someone answered “You were right it is him but it seems another has interest in him as well, a vampire by the looks of it, a rather cute one at that”

There was a slight pause as she listens to the response from the other end of the phone “But sir he has already bumped into me, yes I had contact with him but it was harmless”

“But sir he is just a kid.....ok understood”

With that she placed the phone in her pocket and sighed, she walked over to the bungalow to where the young boy lived and knocked on the door, from a distance the woman in leather observed what was going from the ally in the shadows, she could see the two talking and the woman in the fur coat produced a letter and they both went inside together, now she walked up the door and knocked, the woman with the fur coat opened the door and said “oh Its you, can I help you?”

The woman in leather replied saying “I would like to speak with Marcus Please”

The young boy peered from behind the woman in the fur coat and looked up saying nervously “I’m Marcus, can I help you?”

The woman in the fur coat looked at this other woman and said “As his now legal Guardian I would need to be present in his discussions, My name is Luna by the way”

The woman in leather pulled out a bit of paper and said “Well what a coincidence so am, I’m Ruby”