Chapter 42

Chapter 42

It was quiet, as she sat in her office, elbows on the table hands on her chin staring at her office doors, the sounds of gun fire and small explosions still raged on, her office was quiet and so was her ear piece, now and again Gensing would give her the all clear on his floor, she took deep breaths in and out and sighed, she turned on her computer and started to look at her files, her research and her future vision of the world free of vampires and werewolf’s where humanity could once again be dominate with different abilities a chance to evolve, Gabe sighed as she looked at her work, Madline had discovered the key to create the perfect being but it involved using DNA of what she hated the most, her eyes lit up as she looked over her work, she pressed a button on her table which brought down a large interactive white board and a projector, Gabe picked up a metel pen that works on the board, she started to make notes, change notes and made changes to DNA and chromosome structures, she began to run digital tests and scenarios, after all her hard work, her tests and her experiments she had found the key element missing, she dropped her pen and walked to her seat, she opened her draw and took a bottle of wine and a glass, she popped the cork and pored it in the glass till it was half empty, she also took out her gun, it was a big hand gun with a white ivory handle and made of silver metal, she placed it on her table and began to drink her drink leaving the white board on, she swivelled the glass and the whine around looking at the photo of herself and Madline and said out loud “well it would seem you were right, smile all you want you smug bitch but i have finaely worked out how to use your work and mine to my own advantage, i have only a few minutes but soon ill have the vile of both Adam and Eve”

Gabe sat back laughing hard and out loud, there was a loud bang as Kiren came bursting through the doors, he looked out of breath and covered in sweat, he hart was raceing and parts of his outfit looked ripped, Gabe didn’t even jolt as she looked at him and smiled “well well look what the cat dragged in, i’m guessing that your here that they are not”

Kiren got to the desk and leaned against it, he was breathing deeply and trying to catch his breath he looked up at her and for once in his life he froze, he had never seen her look at him but with a playful lustful look but this look made him fearful, it was a deep scorn filled with hatred, contempt and failure Kiren’s face was gaunt and pale like all the colour in his skin had disappeared, his eyes were wide as she slowly picked up her gun from her desk while still holding her glass of wine, she took a sip and aimed her gun at him, he had never seen her like this as he watched her walk around the table, he didn’t move as fear over took him as Gabe walked closer he looked at her and said “if your going to kill me do it quick”

Gabe laughed  loud as it echoed the room, she took another sip of her wine and within a flash she brought her gun across her and then struck Kiren with the butt of her gun across his face, he span and feel flat on the floor, Gabe looked down at him and said “i wouldn’t  waste a bullet on you, you still have some use”

Gabe walked back to her desk and sat down, Kiren slowly got up and felt the side of his face, it was painful but as he looked at his hand he noticed there was some blood, he looked at her and said “so what would you have me do?”

Gabe sighed “I want you down the lab and bring up the formula i requested, second stay with Ginseng out there and defend with your life”

Kiren nodded and slowly walked out of the room Gabe said to Kiren before he left “if you fail again”

Gabe crushed the wine glass which smashed to peaces and most of the wine ended on the floor, small bits of glass were embedded in her hands to the point was it was bleeding, Kiren left and closed the door Gabe looked at her hand pulled out a pair of tweezers from the draw and began to pluck each small bit out, small drops of blood dripped to the floor staining it red but each drop was like a falling ruby, Gabe smiled as she began to lick her hands as her wound slowly began to heal infront of her eyes, she smiled as she moved her hands and took her contact lenses from her eyes and let them drop to the floor, she sat down on her seat and waited looking at the door once again.