chapter 26

Chapter 26

Luna was crashed out on the sofa moaning her stomach feeling uneasy, Marcus was sitting on the arm chair of the sofa, Gwen was sitting on Ruby’s steel chair, Ana was standing holding a brandy glass with some brandy in it she was swirling it around Gwen was looking at Ana then Marcus then back to Ana again, waiting for the first person to make the first move, Ana spoke first “So Marcus you found this young lady and saved her but you don’t know much about her past, u said you used your powers to find out but you don’t seem to know everything ad yet you are the superior person who could look into the past, i am confused”

Marcus could hear the sarcasim in her voice, he replied “same Ana, trying to point out flaws to get under peoples skin, i chose to view only so much out of respect, plus what do mean a superior person?”

Ana took a sip and looked at her glass “Well that was a nice vintage, well i did a bit of research after the disaster at the orphanage in central London, it would seem that the older the generation who were involved in the Pariah Project there powers, such a crude term but I’ll use it for now, were less effective then the younger ones so it would seem, for example, i have the same powers as Gwen but i can only see a few hours into the future, Gwen pardon my saying so, is the end product”

Marcus looked at Gwen who he could see was upset slightly, Marcus asked “are you ok Gwen?”

Gwen sighed as she said “yeah, thanks for thinking about my feelings, unlike some”

Gwen shot Luna a look that proberly would have chilled her but she was out cold anyway, Gwen looked at Marcus and asked him “so you knew Ana because she was but was but was not working with you”

Marcus nodded and added “she is working for herself and the fact you have approached us is rather confusing”

Ana took another sip “well i think for once we need to team up, in short i am after somebody, and he tried to kill Gwen and has killed several others but each time I get to the crime scene the finger is pointed at me so I am on the run”

Gwen looked at Ana and said “so you used to be at the orphanage? How come i have never seen you there before?”

“well Gwen you see because i was older at the time i spent most of my time out”

Marcus looked at Gwen and asked “so do want to tell me what happened?”

Gwen sighed as she said “well i was young at the time, i remember being there since i was nine ish, the place was fairly well looked after but not perfect, there were a lot of kids there each one had a special gift or so we were told, but i can remember a boy roughly the same age as me, his name was Noah”

Ana interrupted by saying “i remember him, he could bend objects to his will, well i say objects but more paper and card, he could make them do anything”

Gwen nodded as she carried on “yeah, he was the only one to look out for me, he gave me a paper butterfly but it flew from his hands to mine, he had a smile as he gave it to me, i was there for a while but there was one kid there, he was old at the time in his teens i think but he seemed odd, strange, he had this really creepy smile....”

Gwen trailed of thinking about the waiter the other day and the boy, her face went white Ana walked up to her and said “drink this”

Gwen took it and sipped it, she didn’t like it but it made her colour come back in her cheeks, Gwen continued “i hate brandy, ok there was rumours going round that he killed one or two of the other children, he was almost loose but calm, he was quick as well, his name was Kiren McColt i believe, i kept my distance from him, but i made friends with Noah though, after a couple of years we became close to the point where we kissed”