Chapter 23

Chapter 23

The British library was packed while it was raining outside, it was night time as the tapping of footsteps could be heard echoing around the library as each person was going about their business, security staff checking each person in and out and checking each person and their belongings, it looked like ordinary working night, that was until Marcus, Ruby, Lucan and Caleb burst in the front doors flanked by several SAS troopers, the lift to the left binged up as more troopers poured  out fanning for targets, there was a low series of talking noises, Marcus was wearing a black coat, black boots and trousers, as he walked in he opened his coat and took out his revolver and cheeked the load, his hair was damp with the rain from outside, Caleb was dressed in his SAS issued boiler suit boots and flak jacket, in his hands he had a 12 gauge shotgun with a flash light attachment, on his head he had a head piece giving directions to each squad Marcus could hear him say “Team one cover the top stares entrances and exists, team two crowed control keep everybody in the building nobody enters or leaves, team three with us, get those guards out of the way then flank the lifts, teams four and five are on standby code word is Delta”

Lucan looked at Caleb impressed by what he was doing; Lucan was wearing his trademark beige trench coat, black shoes and trousers, on his head you could still see the wet drops roll down the side of his face, Ruby was ahead of the group by a couple of steps, she was wearing her black suit with droplets running down it, her blade was on her back and her guns in her hand, her hair was damp but her eyes were narrow with anger, her hands were clinched around her guns tight waiting for the chance to use them at first chance she gets, as she approached the two security guards before they could say a word or even stop her she said to them both “Out of my way unless you want a extra hole”

The two guards stepped to one side allowing Ruby to enter out of fear of being shot, while being followed by the others, two SAS officers took the guards to one side for questioning, team three had already reached the lifts and called them down Marcus could see how Ruby was, he didn’t need to say a word to her to know how she is feeling, Lucan stated “Listen we got the evidence we needed from jasper but Ruby don’t forget we need him alive”

Ruby pulled back the slider of each gun loading the first round in each, Ruby didn’t look back at Lucan as she replied to his statement “Sorry Lucan no guarantee, he shoots, ill fucking shoot back”

Lucan sighed, Caleb took a brave move and placed his hand on her shoulder and said to Ruby “Listen Ruby control your anger, we will get him, all exits and entrances are covered plus it’s not the first time a Elder has betrayed our clan but we need to stay calm ok”

Ruby looked back just a bit and nodded, the lift binged and the doors opened, in the two lifts there were people but they quickly left the lifts and were put to one side with the others, most of team three took one lift while a couple of them went in with Lucan, Caleb, ruby and Marcus, as they entered  Lucan pushed the very top floor button Ruby waiting in front of the doors of the lift, next to her were two of the SAS troopers, behind them were Marcus, Lucan and Caleb, the mood was tense, each person could feel it Marcus leaned against the rails of the lift, his sight switched as his eyes turned white, he could the occupants of the lift and he could go far back as to when it was first installed but he saw somthing that caught his eye, Kroll with armed people, as the lift stopped and opened up gunshots could be heard, a woman in white walked by looking directly into the lift smiling as the doors slowly closed, Marcus woke up quickly clinging to the rails dropping his revolver, as it landed with a clunk, Caleb held out his hand to help steady Marcus, Lucan looked from the corner of his eye, the lift was cold from Marcus’s ability, each breath could be seen in the air, Marcus bent down picked up his gun and placed it in his holster Ruby just said “What did you see?”