Chapter 41

Chapter 41

Izzy looked out of the window through her helmet staring down at the chaos below, she sighed as she looked around the room holding onto a small light machine gun in her hands, should could see that Marcus along with Ruby and Lucan were interrogating someone who may have been caught in the act with someone else, she giggled and looked around the room, the sound of laughing could be heard down the hall, Izzy looked around and noticed Caleb, he was the only one with lutenient stripes on his shoulder she quickly walked up to him she stopped short as her mind raced what should i say? Does he already know? Before she could say anything Caleb turned around and said “do i already know what izzy?”

Izzy froze at first wonder what to say next but she just came out with “it’s nothing really”

Caleb smiled behind the visor and said “its the nose down the hall, don’t worry we will have a look, how you fitting in to Charlie team?”

Izzy sighed “well its tough i get glares and feel like i am filling in somebody’s shoes”

Caleb sighed “well it could be like that for a while, we lost Jennings a couple of weeks back, ok tell you what, you take point and ill follow behind you well check it out ourselves”

If Caleb could see her face he would know that Izzy was looking confused but her mind gave it away as Caleb said “don’t worry i did read your mind like said well check it out ok, me you and two others”

Izzy smiled as she looked over her gun and switch the safety off, Izzy took point keeping low and checking each room as she went with Caleb behind her and two others as well, it was a short corridor but as they got closer the sound of laughter grew, if any of them had a heart to beat then Izzy’s would be pacing, the thing about vampires is they know no fear in any situation plus they look intimidating in those suits, as they approached the room which was once a large meeting room, Izzy peeked around the corner and nodded as all four of them quickly walked in and aimed their guns at the mercenaries, they waited until the noise of laughter slowly died down as each one noticed their presence, they all looked at them and burst out laughing Izzy lowered her gun slightly lowering her guard, she looked around confused as Caleb said “this is the SAS, who’s in charge?”

A tall man stood up and walked up to the group of four, he was confident and had a smile on his face, he held out his single hand and said “Lutientent and Chaplin Anderson”

Caleb looked at this guys extended arm and hand, to the trained or untrained eye it looked like a welcoming gesture, Caleb could read his mind as it said so vampire i know you can read my mind, i have spend years training it so i could speek my thoughts but i assure you my intentions are pure

Caleb sighed as he held out his hand “SAS officer Lutentient Caleb, why are you here, the last time we met were exchanging more then words”

Anderson shock his hand and said “yes we know, as to why were here we don’t know, since they brought in those heartless basterds outside we have been left behind here, told to wait further orders, but our orders come from Krol”

Caleb asked the others to lower their guns and said “Krol? You mean that man in the infirmary caught in the act”

Another merc shouted “wa hay Lads the commander is getting his dick wet”

A round of cheers went up and the sound of metallic clinks were heard around the room, all four SAS officers looked at each other not knowing what to say Caleb looked at Anderson who was quieting them down, Caleb said “so you don’t work for Gabe then?”

The room quiet to the point where Caleb could hear a pin drop but Anderson shook his head “no, there is something wrong with her and that Kiren bloke, something we don’t like”