Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Elder Zane was standing just to the side of the door frame holding a half filled brandy glass swirling it in his hand he was wearing a purple suite with gold trim and a pair of matching trousers and black shoes, underneath was a white shirt and a black silk tie, his aid Jasper Crane had taken off his over coat and placed it on the arm of the sofa, he was wearing his traditional black shoes, trousers, a white shirt and a black waist coat and a pair of glasses, Jasper was attending to Ruby who was stripped down to her underwear but there was a large body towel around her, Jasper was had a bit of cotton in one hand and a bottle of strong disinfectant, every time Jasper rubbed the wound Ruby would flinch slightly as it was stinging, Luna was sitting near the side table, she looked crossed and upset her fur coat was torn in small places, she was looking down at the floor with her arms folded, Gwen had walked in with a tray of refreshments, different coffees and teas, Gwen offered to Ruby and Jasper who took their desired cups, Gwen approached Luna with a couple of cups left, Luna looked at Gwen who was smiling down, Luna tried to mange a smirk as she took the cup from the tray, as Marcus walked in he could feel how low everybody was feeling, it wasn’t unusual for Ruby and Luna to get a few knocks but this really shook both of them, neither of them saw it coming, both looked down.

Elder Zane looked up at Marcus, he could see Marcus was wearing black shoes, trousers a white shirt, he even had the gun holster still on with his gun still in it, Elder Zane took a sip of his brandy, he said to Marcus “So, let me guess this right, a member of my clan had been attacked by a human and her werewolf pet also got attacked?”

Luna looked up and gave Elder Zane a glare from the bottom of her eyes, both Elder Zane and his aid Jasper could tell the obscenities coming from her mind, Elder Zane adjusted his tie in a awkward manner as he continued “Yeah well, I meant her werewolf colleague by a bunch of humans”

Luna looked away and started to sip on her tea, Marcus said to Elder Zane “Listen none of us could have seen it happen, not even Gwen here”

Gwen looked up at the mention of her name Elder Zane peered over and said “Oh, i was wondering who that charming creature was?”

Gwen seemed slightly alarmed by Elder Zane’s statement, her eyes widened as he lifted his glass like he was raising a toast to her, Marcus stepped in casually saying “Yes she is a new member to our group but only until the case is finished with”

Elder Zane attention was directed back to Marcus as he said “ah yes, it would seem that this woman what is her name again”

Jasper looked up and said “Gabe, the head of the SAS research faculty”

Elder Zane said “Yes, well Ruby has been keeping me updated to the best of her abilities but she did fail to tell me about Gwen there, the last time I saw a young woman that beautiful was a good three hundred years ago”

 Elder Zane walked up to Gwen, he took her hand and was about to kiss it when, Luna kicked Elder Zane in the shin, he jump and spilled the rest of his drink down him and the floor, he was holding and rubbing his shin bent over while he let out a little cry of pain, Elder Zane looked up at Luna his eyes were wild, a bright red of anger as he shouted at the top of his voice “HOW DARE YOU, YOU FILTHEY MONGRAL HARLOT!”

He raised his right hand, his claws extended from his fingernails, Luna’s eyes widened as Gwen gasped and held her hands over her mouth, Marcus caught him by the wrist, holding Elder Zane’s wrist with a firm grip, Elder Zane went to slam down his slash of a blow but he couldn’t move, he looked back over his shoulder to see Marcus glaring at him, Elder Zane said to him in a angry tone of voice “Unhand me at once so i can teach this mongrel a lesson in manners”