Chapter 45

Chapter 45

The room was toasty as Marcus slept rough, he had been suffering from nightmares for the last three years, each was different in a certain way but it had the same theme, Gwen dyeing by his hand, the laughter of Gabe and Kiren, he bolted upright sweating hard and panting, his heart raceing, he looked around the room to check his surroundings, his alarm went off as he wiped his forehead, he checked the time on his alarm and noticed it said 7:30 in the morning, he sighed hard and pulled the cover off himself and sat on the edge, he held his head in his hands rubbing his face, he looked up and stretched, with the feeling of going to need the loo he got up and placed his feet on the floor, it was cold but that didn’t bother him, each foot step felt heavy as it slumped and slapped the floor, he walked in the bathroom and looked at his reflection in the mirror, his hear was jet black and his gray streak was gone, his face was leaner with stronger features, his ears were pointed like a wolfs and his skin was slightly paler than normal, as he smiled and checked his teeth he had two sharp pointed fangs, his body was more toned and well looked after, he rubbed his hand on his chin and realised that he needed a shave, but he decided to do it later on the day, he checked his eyes to see if they had changed at all but for the last half a year his eyes stayed a golden auburn colour, he sighed, he walked into the bedroom and started to put on his uniform, black trousers, white socks, black shoes, and a black polo shirt, he roughly combed his hair with his extended claws, for the past three years Lucan showed him how to control his werewolf side where as Caleb showed him how to control his vampire side, it had been 6 months since they both stopped helping him so he can help himself, Lucan also showed him how to groom himself.

Marcus walked into the living room, not much had changed, just some new furniture, but Marcus looked over at Ruby’s table, it laid empty with nothing on it, as he walked over he placed his hand on the table and used his ability, he didn’t even had to close his eyes as he saw the world around him that used to be, he saw Ruby tinkering around with her guns and sharpening her sword making sexy remarks and showing her skin off, Marcus let go of the table and carried on looking around at the world that was, he saw Luna laying naked on the rug seducing Marcus to come over, but his eyes drew to Gwen which stood at the door way naked trying to get dressed, he walked over to her and tried to hug her but she disappeared, Marcus sighed as he walked around some more still viewing the past, his ability had improved in the last few years now, he check the past without touching certain items, he didn’t need to close his eyes anymore to view the past, he learned how to swtch it on and off when he needed too, as he switched it off the world around him went slightly dark, he sighed as he walked back into the living room then the front door, as he opend door he was blinded by the suns light, he had checked the weather report last night, the weather was bright and warm.

He stretched out and closed the door behind him locking it with his keys, he looked around and the world was still the same as if nothing had happened or changed, he sighed and walked to the buss stop and waited for his buss to get to work, as it approached it was nearly packed to the brim but he still managed to get on it, the journey was long and the bus was stuffy but it didn’t mind Marcus, he felt cool to the touch, after what felt like a hour on the bus he finely arrived at the London museum.

As he checked the clock tower which showed eight forty five he walked into work, already the place was packed with people, as he walked in he looked around and walked upstairs to his office, Derek had not longed retired from his job and Marcus had taken over as manager of the mythology section, as he walked in the office it was empty apart from Derek sitting on a chair awaiting Marcus’s arrival, he had a smile on his face as he said “Hello Marcus, you look rough around the edges”

Marcus smiled and said “yeah, i do need a shave don’t i, what are you doing here?”

Derek stood up and said “well i maybe retired but i still have to check on you now and again, even though you’re doing a good job, it’s the board of directors you see, if i report back they get off your back, sigh sorry for doing it”