Konoha

(Sanya's pov) 

Thirteen years and we still share a room. It was convenient for both of us since our father's assassination attempts over the last few years have been growing more and more elaborate. Despite being told beforehand by their employer who exactly we were, they still underestimated our powers. 

All because we looked like two inexperienced brats. Unfortunately for them, that mistake cost them their lives. If they were caught by me, their deaths were violent. Ripped apart limbs, impaling them slowly so they could feel each pain, gruesome mutilation - in short, they were messed up so badly that not even their families would be able to identify them. 

Gaara sat on the window sill, sharpening his kunai; while I was leaning against the wall beside him, making different shapes with my sand. 

We haven't gotten a mission in so long. Aria and Shuukaku were growing impatient. 

"Hey, Gaara," I returned the sand to my gourd. "When are we going to the Leaf Village? I'm so bored!"

"...Soon," he answered monotonously, not looking up from his task. 

I glared half-heartedly. He didn't even look my way when I stood up. Without any warning, I threw myself into his side, arms wrapped around his frame, ignoring his small grunt of disapproval when we both were smooshed against the windowpane. "You don't pay any attention to me anymore. Is that kunai really more important than your twin?" 

His expression softened. "Nothing is more important than you, Sanya." 

"Mhm! That's what I thought." 

Our moment together was ruined by Kankuro and Temari coming in without knocking. Immediately my sand flared out, turning into spears. The two idiots became stiff as corpses. "Who the hell said you can come into our room? Do you want to die?" 

Temari looked to the floorboards, unable to meet my gaze without becoming petrified. "S-Sorry Sanya...w-w-we just w-wanted to let you guys no lunch was ready." She said everything in one breath. Kankuro thought I didn't notice the way he held her hand reassuringly. It was pathetic how they feared their own younger siblings. 

Their role was to love, care, and protect us. But all they were good for was shaking in fear like two cowards. My sand returned to its original state. Gaara grabbed my hand, moving us past our siblings. I smirked mockingly at the duo. "How disgusting." 

They were slow in following us. By the time they had come downstairs, Gaara and I were already inspecting the neatly placed sandwiches. It was pretty obvious they were poisoned. "Who made this," I asked in a seemingly lighthearted tone. 

Poisons weren't really potent on me. After father's last two poison attempts, I started building immunity to all sorts of toxins. Aria's powers made the process easier. But that still didn't excuse the audacity this careless spy had for trying to poison me and my twin. "I asked you a question," I repeated, growling at my siblings. 

"I-It was some attendant. We don't know who he is," Kankuro answered this time. 

'Their voices are more annoying than when Shuukaku complains about your brother." Aria wasn't fond of my siblings as much as me. She always found their lack of a backbone irritating.