Hearing them out

(Sanya's pov) 

Its been 2 days since the attack. Madara was mad we caught a fake 8 tails. Shira hadn't woken up from her sleep and Sasuke seemed even colder.

However, I've stayed in my room. Remembering all the events and how my heart felt lighter and I felt like I saw a light. 'Is this...how Gaara felt when Naruto showed him the light...' was a question I kept asking myself.

During these 2 days I realized how selfish and blinded in hate I was. All the rage, the darkness I was pitied in. 'Let's go check on Shira...besides its time for your medicine..' Aria said calmly. She's been my peaceful ever since that day too.

I got up from my bed with a sigh as I walked out of my room.

I was walking down the hallway and not even 3 minutes later I felt something crawl up my throat. I leaned on the wall and hunched over as I coughed harshly.

When I finished I moved my hand to see blood in it.

 Yes, I'm sick like Itachi. I found out when I became Sasori's pupil. It had already spread to the point where it can't be cured. But Aria has been slowing down the process, which is why she can't heal me as fast as she should be able to.

'Tch...my fate was decided before i even got a chance to open my eyes..' i said solemnly. I then felt a hand on my shoulder and looked up to see Kisame.

"If you don't take your medicine you'll die before you can even fulfill your mission." he said with a concerned look. I growled and pushed his arm off me roughly as I leaned on the wall. He was the only one who knew since he heard Sasori tell me.

"Shut up...I don't need symphany. And what do you mean 'fulfill my mission?' " I asked annoyed glaring at him while panting. He smirked as he leaned on the other wall and crossed his arms.

"It's obvious you won't stay here very long. I'm not too sure about your goals, but I do know that you'll betray Akatsuki again." he said with a shrug. "Do you plan on ratting me out?" I asked darkly, getting ready to strike if I needed to.

.

He chuckled. "No....I've been thinking....you and I are very alike. We both have terrible pasts and have killed for our own reasons. I have hoped that by helping you, perhaps my death would be different then what it's meant to be.." he said staring at the ground.

"Tch, me and you the same? Your past is like a dream compared to mine. You couldn't possibly understand. " I growled slowly walking away.

"How long do you plan not telling that girl? Hm? She'll be devastated." he called out. "Shira has done enough, her part isn't done yet but she has no reason to know what I have planned." I said walking away down the dark halls.

After I visted Shira, I went to the one place I may never see again. I don't know what compelled me to do so but my heart just brought me here. I was looking through the window of the Kazekage building. My 3 siblings sat, talking.

They looked so happy. For once I felt no anger or hate towards them. Just regret.

"Its been 2 years hasn't it.." Temari said looking down with a small sad smile."I can't believe its been that long since she's been gone. It's kinda lonely without her!" Kankuro said as he looked at the ceiling while placing his hands behind his head and leaning back in his chair. 

'Are they...talking....about me?' I thought.

Temari nodded at Kankuro. "Yea, I miss how we never got any fangirls around because of her, and how she used to sing." she said happily.

"After all this time....I feel bad for whatIi did to her. I didn't mean to get angry at her....it's just that she's my sister and I....I just wish i could tell her how sorry I am for driving her away.." Kankuro said sadly. Temari held his hand.

"It's not your fault Kankuro, it's not anyone's." Temari said. He just sighed. 

"Gaara...what will we do about Sanya." Temari asked.

"As the Kazekage of this village, I cannot forgive Sanya of her crimes, nor can I ignore her actions of threatening the tailed beast.....but as her brother and twin.....I will welcome her with open arms and wait for her return. So we can be a family again." he said as he stared at his desk as if remembering something. 

My other 2 siblings had big smiles. "And when she comes back, I'm gonna hug her to death!" Kankuro joked and Temari nodded.

After that I couldn't take it anymore. I stood up and sighed sadly.

'I'm sorry...but I won't be returning to you. But we will have our last fight Gaara. The fight that'll end the tale of the Sand twins and the feud between us. Only one will survive to tell the story..' I thought as I turned into sand and drifted into the wind, back to the Akatsuki base.