Nightmare

"Darling, I just...I don't know what to do anymore." Mettaton sighed. He and I were in the back of Undyne's car. He, Undyne, Alphys, and I all decided to go on a movie double date.

"You have to take your mind off this. It's not good for your health." I said to the lump laying on my shoulder.

"Then what should I focus on?" He asked, leaning his head to look at me.

"This." I cupped his cheek with one hand and combed through his hair with the other; My lips were planted on his. He let out a soft, happy moan.

"Keep the sex to a minimum, please!" Undyne shouted from the front seat, leaving Mettaton and I flustered.

"Nyeh!" I felt my face heat up.

"Aww, Undyne their embarrassed." Alphys said with a giggle.

"A-Am n-not!" Mettaton protested, causing Alphys to giggle more.

"You're such nerds." Undyne said, laughing along with Alphys.

"Sh-Shut up!" Mettaton yelled, hiding his face. I wrapped my arms around him, and held him close. I was about to kiss the top of his head, but Undyne hit a speed bump, sending Mettaton's head up to my jaw. I winced in pain, and brought one of my hands up to the pained area.

"Heh heh...whoops." Undyne said.

"Babe! Are you alright?" Mettaton asked, worried.

"Nyeh heh heh! Do not worry! For I, the Great Papyrus, am fine!" I smiled, still in a bit of pain.

"Babe, you're ridiculous." Mettaton laughed, kissing my jaw. The car pulled into Mettaton's driveway.

"Yo! Metta! We're here." Undyne announced.

"See you tomorrow, babe." He said, giving me a quick kiss. "Later." He slid out of the car, and went into his house.

We drove off towards Alphys' house. "Th-This was f-fun." Alphys said, trying to break the silence.

"I agree, Alphys! We should do this more often!" I announced.

"Yeah! I'll take any chance to treat my lady right!" Undyne said, causing Alphys to blush.

"Aww, U-U-Undyne." Alphys stuttered.

"Anything for you, Al!" Undyne said, nudging her girlfriend, and almost driving into a ditch. "Whoops." She said, getting us back on our course.

"I can't believe the school year is half over." Alphys said, looking out her window.

"Yeah, but now we're halfway to summer!" Undyne yelled.

"Halfway to only 3 more years of Highschool!" I joined in.

"Woohoo!" Undyne cheered. We pulled into the devolpment where Alphys lived. We pulled into her driveway, and parked the car. "Alright, Al, see you tomorrow." Undyne said, pulling her girlfriend into a kiss. Alphys' face was covered in a blush.

"B-B-B-Bye U-Undyne." Alphys said with a giggle. "See you l-later P-P-P-Papyrus." She walked up to her door, while I moved to the front seat.

Undyne pulled out of the driveway and headed towards my house. We drove in an awkward silence for a while. "Hey, Undyne?"

"Yeah, Paps?"

"In a few years, after Sans, you, Mettaton, and Alphys have all graduated, what am I gonna do?" I asked solemnly.

"Aww, Paps, don't worry about that." She reassured me. "We'll still talk, and for school, you got a few more years. Anyone would be lucky to have you as a friend. You just gotta talk to people." She said like it was nothing.

"I suppose you're right."

"Paps, I'm always right." She chuckled. I realized that we were in my neighborhood already. She pulled into my driveway.

"Uh, see you tomorrow, Undyne." I said, awkwardly exiting the car.

"See ya, Pap." She said, pulling out. I sighed, watching the small cloud of air exit my lungs. I opened the door, and saw Sans asleep on the couch. I closed the door and headed to my room. I looked over at my nightstand. It was my old diary from middle school. Sure, it was kind of nerdy to have one, but it's what I did in 7th grade. I opened to a random page and decided to read.

Dear Diary,

Today I finally was able to confide in someone about my "secret". I didn't know if she would understand, but she did! I told her about how I felt about... That person. Of course she called me a "cinnamon roll" again. Whatever that's supposed to mean. Apparently She's going through something similar. Who knew?! I'm glad my friends can be so supportive. Undyne has been hanging out with this really smart girl a lot. The girl is a little shy, but I'm sure they'll be good friends soon. I'm sure of it.

Sincerely,

The Great Papyrus.

I smiled, remembering the simple days of middle school. It was when I had someone to help me figure myself out, and when Undyne met Alphys. It was also when I met Mettaton and Napstablook. I set down the diary and changed into my pajamas. I laid down, and quickly fell asleep.

*
"What a loser." A voice said.

"No wonder he has no friends." Another responded.

"I heard that all his 'friends' left him." A voice said snootily. The judgmental crowd surrounding me. I spotted some familiar faces.

"Cinnamon roll? Yeah, a year old rotten one." A familiar voice scoffed.

"Sans! Undyne! Alphys!" I called out. Sans looked at me, and turned away.

"Don't mind him. That's just my embarrassment of a younger brother." He scoffed before walking away. I felt a weight in my chest.

"Sans..." I turned to the other two. "Undyne! Alphys! Please! Don't leave me here."

"How embarrassing." Alphys smirked.

"We're much better off without him." Undyne said, the two walking away.

"Please..." I felt tears well up in my eyes. "Don't leave me here...please!"

*
I jolted up in my bed, terrified. I felt my heart race, and tears roll down my cheeks. My bedroom door swung open, and I saw my brother run in. "Paps! Paps, what's wrong?" He jumped up and sat on my bed. I'd never seen my brother move that fast.

"Sans? Wh-What are you doing up so early?" I asked, trying to blink away my tears.

"I could tell that something was wrong, so I came to check up on you. Bro, tell me what's wrong? Why are you crying?"

"I-It's nothing, S-Sans. J-Just a bad d-dream."

"Well, it's obviously bothering you, Paps. Tell me." Sans demanded. Maybe it was the moonlight, but one of his eyes appeared slightly lighter for a moment.

"I guess it's my fears just...getting to me." I sighed, looking away.

"Is this about Mettaton?" Sans asked. His eyebrows furrowing.

"N-No, no, it's not that. He wasn't there."

"Well, who was?"

"Well, y-you, Alphys, Undyne, and a few other people." His eye twitched, and his hand shot up to cover it.

"Well, wh-what happened?" He asked, slowly lowering his arm.

"I was at school, a-and people started saying things about me- not nice things- and then I saw you guys. I asked you all for help..." I felt tears well in my eyes again. "Nobody did. You all, just left." I couldn't take it anymore. The tears poured through my eyes like a water fall. Sans pulled me into a hug.

"Bro, you know I'd never leave you. I'll always be there. Even when I'm in college." Sans sounded like he was gonna cry. "I'm always a phone call away, bro."

"Thank you, brother." I hugged him tight.

"Now get some sleep, Papyrus. You need it." He said. I broke away, and did as he said.