The Graduation

~~~5 months later~~~

"Babe? Yeah, I'm on my way." I said, checking through my wardrobe. I was accompanying Papyrus to watch Sans graduate. There was no dress code, but that was no reason that I couldn't look better than everyone there. It was too hot for layers, so I decided on a hot pink crop top, and black short shorts. I sprayed on my setting spray, and drove to the school. The ceremony was outside, where we sometimes went out for gym. I sat down next to Papyrus and wrapped an arm around him, clearly taking him by surprise.

"Nyeh! Oh, Mettaton, it's you." He chuckled. "You scared me."

"Well, clearly. Where's Toriel?" I asked.

"Taking pictures of Sans and the other seniors, probably." He shrugged. I couldn't help but laugh.

"True, true." I smiled. Toriel came rushing out of the building, and over to a seat next to me. She wore a long, white dress, and a matching hijab.

"Hey, you two. Smile!" She pulled up her camera, taking a photo of Papyrus and I.

"Toriel, darling! It's great to see you!" I said, giving her a hug.

"Same to you!" She gave out a happy giggle.

"Toriel, aren't you hot in that?" Papyrus asked. I swatted his arm. "Ow..."

"Papyrus!"

"No, no. It's fine." Toriel giggled. "I suppose it is a bit warm. I certainly wouldn't mind a nice breeze."

"Attention! May I have your attention, please?" A voice sounded over the speaker. "The ceremony will start any moment now. If the grads could please line up on stage, in their order, thank you." The speaker clicked off. A line of students in caps and gowns shuffled over to the stage. We spotted Sans, and all started waving. He lazily smiled and waved back. The seniors shuffled onto the stage, and sat down at the seats that were crowded together. The Principal walked up to the podium, ready to start.

Toriel and Papyrus squealed with excitement. I chuckled at the two, it was pretty adorable. I heard cameras clicking. Papyrus already looked ready to cry. "Babe, you alright?" I put an arm around him. He bit his lip and nodded, not taking his eyes off the stage.

"Four years ago..." His sentimental speech went on, and on, and on. "...now, bring it up for your valedictorian!" We all applauded as the Principal sat down, and the podium was taken up by a girl, whom I did not recognize.

"Hello, my fellow students!" Her bubbly, feminine voice sounded. "May I just say my honest opinion? These last four years..." She looked off to the side, putting a hand on her heart. "Absolutely sucked." She said, dropping her voice somewhat. The audience hollered, Papyrus looked like he was about to choke, and Toriel laughed harder than I've ever seen her laugh before. "But, hey, college will be pretty chill. Maybe. Take these words of wisdom: Enjoy your youth. Soon enough, you'll all have jobs, and we'll all be suffering together. Peace out!" She made a peace sign with her hands, kissed it, shot her arm up in the air, and moonwalked back to her seat.

The Principal got back up, looking slightly horrified. "Well, anyway...lets just...get to the ceremony." Many certificates were handed out. Many pictures were taken. There was plenty of applause when Sans Gaster was officially out of Highschool.

After the ceremony, there was a huge party in the gym. The seniors had all changed. Sans came out wearing his usual black and white gym shorts, along with a black shirt, with a white bone pattern on it.

Everyone mingled and had fun, but I noticed one student that had been ostracized. I walked over to him and sat down. "What do you want?" The red head snarled.

"Well, damn son, chill." I said. He only glared at me. "What? You looked lonely."

"I like being alone." I mumbled.

"No one likes being completely alone."

"Well, guess I'm 'no one.'"

"Bet you wouldn't like being alone if Nick was here." I joked. He hid his face. "O-M-G!" I squealed. "You like him, don't you?!"

"Sh-shut up!" He hissed. It was hard to contain my excitement. "He just...makes me happy. Okay? That's it." He claimed. I stood up and rolled my eyes.

"Whatever, loverboy." I winked, and hopped away. I noticed Sans and Toriel by the punch, they appeared to be flirting.

"Hey." I saw Papyrus holding two cups of punch.

"Hey yourself." I said, taking a cup.

"Uh, Mettaton, can I ask you something? In private?" He asked.

"Oh, alright." He lead me into a small space behind the bleachers. "So, what did you-" I was interrupted by him hugging me tightly. "Are you...crying?" I set down our cups, and wrapped my arms around him. He obviously needed it. "Papyrus, what's wrong?"

"It's just...I'm worried. What's gonna happen after you, Undyne, and Alphys graduate? I'll have no one left." More tears escaped his eyes. He looked up at me. I wiped the tears off his cheeks, and kissed his forehead.

"Babe, don't worry, everything will be just fine." I smiled and picked up the cups, handing him his. I grabbed his free hand and looked out at the rest of the party. "Shall we?" I asked, smiling.

"We shall."

------------------------------------------------------