Back to School

"Can't believe break is over." Sans said, rolling off the couch.

"Sans, break has been over for, like, a week. Stop whining." I rolled my eyes at my brother. I grabbed my bag, and my brother, and headed to school. Something told me today was going to be different.

I arrived at school, and met up with Undyne, Alphys, and Mettaton. Well, that was the plan, but things don't always work that way. Mettaton was talking to a tall, dark, muscular teen, Undyne was being surrounded by teens, and Alphys watched. Alone. I decided to join her.

"H-Hey Papyrus." She said with sigh.

"Drama?"

"Yeah." She looked down.

"How much longer do you-"

"No idea. Undyne doesn't like this, though."

"I'm...not sure how Mettaton feels. Whenever we have classes together, someone else is talking to him." I feel a slight ping of sadness.

"Papy!" Mettaton waved over to me. "Come here!"

"Oh- I should-"

"It's f-fine, Paps. Go talk t-to your l-lover." She nodded towards him. I walked over to Mettaton and the muscular teen.

"Hi! You're looking rather spiffy today!" The teen greeted with a smile.

"Why, thank you! You look pretty nice, yourself." I complimented. We both shook hands, and Mettaton gave us both a smile.

"This is-" Mettaton started.

"Well, everyone just calls me Nick." He smiled awkwardly. "So-uh...I'm guessing you both saw Muffet's livestream on New Years?" He said in an uncomfortable tone.

"I saw...most of it. Papyrus didn't watch it though." Mettaton seemed to be having flashbacks of the...events of that day.

"So, you saw the thing about Burgy- I mean- Bugerpants?" He had more than a hint of sadness in his voice.

"I did." Mettaton stated firmly. The teen looked saddened. "And I'll have you know that I don't believe one bit of it." Nick smiled.

"I'm glad!" He pulled Mettaton into a hug in the excitement. He released Mettaton once he detected the awkward tension. "But what about...your thing?" Nick asked solemnly.

"That- it doesn't matter. I can tell you for a fact that it's not true." He stammered, and put an arm around my waist, and a hand on my hip bone. I felt a blush creep onto my cheeks.

"Well, I believe you. I mean, I did before, and I still do." He stated proudly. "You can't believe anything you hear from that blog." A bell rang, telling us to go to class. "Gotta bounce!" He said, practically hoping away.

"See you later, babe." Mettaton blew me a kiss before heading out. I met up with Undyne, and we headed over to gym.

"Undyne! Is it true?" A student asked, running up to her.

"Yo! Undyne! What's up? What you gotta say 'bout these rumors?" Another followed. Soon a small group surrounded her.

"Hey!" A boy called. He wore a green, unzipped hoodie over his gym uniform. "Leave her alone." He walked up to the group surrounding Undyne, and broke them up. "Nothing to see here! Carry on!" He flashed her a smile and walked away. Undyne and I spent the whole gym period hiding from crowds.

After gym, not much happened until Lunch period. I headed over to where Mettaton was sitting. He was with that boy from earlier, and someone else. I sat down with them. "Hey, babe." He greeted, taking a bite of his sandwich. The teen whom I did not recognize took my hands and squirted sanitizer into them.

"Uh, th-thanks." I rubbed my hands together.

"Papyrus, this is Woshua. Woshua, Papyrus."

"Nice to meet you." I smiled at the boy. He had a round, clear face, and his blond hair has swept neatly to the side.

"Pleasure is mine." Woshua smiled, offering a latex gloved hand to shake. I met the hand with his own. I didn't know what inspired for this meeting of new people, but I didn't mind.

Mettaton's phone buzzed, and he discreetly pulled it out of his pocket. "She coming." He said, hiding the phone and adjusting his bangs.

Undyne and Alphys came over and sat next to me. "Who's coming?" I asked.

"Our revenge plan." He stated with a smirk.