New Friends

"Papyrus." Napstablook said through the phone.

"Hold on, Napstablook." I turned the phone away from my face. "Kids, I have to take a call. Don't go anywhere."

"Got it." Frisk said, paying attention to their game of DDR against Chara. I stepped out of the noisy arcade.

"Napstablook? What did you need?"

"Mettaton told me to call you. There was...an incident...and he had to go home in a rush."

"Is he alright?" I was worried.

"He's fine...now. He took the car, so you'll need someone to pick you up when you leave." He hung up before I could say anything else. Nyeh...I hope Mettaton is alright. Maybe I should call him. No, if he didn't call you himself, he probably isn't ready. I solemnly stepped back into the arcade.

"Papyrus! Guess what!" Frisk said, excitedly. Chara stood behind them, less enthusiastically.

"What is it, small human?" I bent down to their level. I plastered an excited smile on my face.

"I beat Chara in every game!" They said, dancing around.

"Almost every game." Chara muttered, folding their arms, and rolling their eyes.

"You know, Chara, you remind me of Mettaton, a bit." My smile faded slightly.

"I...do?" Chara's arms dropped.

"Yeah! You both share a certain...dominance when you're angry."

"Really?"

"Yup! And you're both willing to put up a fight, but you both don't always know when to back down." I chuckled, thinking of my boyfriend. My wonderful, perfect boyfriend. I felt a tear roll down my cheek.

"Papyrus?" Frisk's voice asked,as they grabbed my arm.

"Are you okay?" Chara asked, staring into my eyes.

"I'm...I'm fine. Really." I felt another darn tear.

"No you aren't." Frisk said.

"Let's get you out of here." Chara said. The two looked at each other, nodded, then lead me out of the arcade. They sat me down at a bench. "Who hurt you? I'd like to personally deliver them a knuckle sandwich." Chara cracked their knuckles, and craned their neck.

"Chara, no." Frisk shot them a look.

"Hey, Papyrus right?" I looked up and saw a tall girl I front of me. Her skin was a light brown, her black hair in pigtails, and she had a red blouse on with matching shorts, over black leggings.

"D-do I know you?" I was able to mutter out.

"Oh, we haven't talked much. I'm Muffet. I sit behind you in Science class. I must say, you're very smart." A genuine compliment?! Papyrus no. You're gay.

"Oh, hello, Muffet. I must apologize for my attitude. I'm usually happier than this, but something is wrong with my boyfriend. I'm not sure what, though, I'm really worried."

"Oh my!" She gasped and covered him plum lips with her gloved hands. "Mind if I sit with you? We can talk about it if you'd like." She offered a kind smile.

"Oh...sure." I weakly smiled as she sat down.

"So, what happened with your boyfriend?" She asked with a curious look in her eyes.

"I'm...I'm not sure..." I felt the tears start to roll down my cheeks. "His cousin told me something was wrong."

"His cousin?" He voice sounded slightly insulted. "He should have called you himself."

"Well, he-"

"If he can't call you himself, he obviously doesn't care that much." She said, exhaling angrily.

"We're gonna...go get some snacks..." I heard Frisk say. I'll probably regret that later.

"Of course, it's probably only the first time so, it's not like something's happened before where he didn't tell you himself." She said nonchalantly. I remembered the call to the Principal's office.

"Actually...it's not." I felt a physical pain in my chest. I heard a melodramatic gasp from her.

"Oh my spiders! Maybe...maybe he's not the boyfriend you thought he was." She stood up. "I'll go find your kids." She walked away. I thought about my entire relationship with Mettaton. Of course he cares about me. I'm not always the first to hear from him...but he cares. Doesn't he?

Muffet came back with the kids. "Don't worry so much. If you and your boyfriend are a good couple, I'm sure nothing can come between you." The way she said it made me feel a bit uneasy. "I'll see you around, Papyrus."

"Muffet, wait!" I yelled before she could leave. "This might be weird, but you wouldn't mind driving me home, would you?"

"Of course not!" She said in a friendly manner. "What are soon to be friends for?" She smiled and lead me out, the kids following behind.

Thankfully, the drive home wasn't too long. Which left me with not a lot of time to contemplate my relationship. "Thanks again, Muffet." I said as I got the kids out of her spider black car.

"No problem! Hope you solve everything with Mettaton!"

"Thanks- wait, how did you know my boyfriend was Mettaton?" I questioned as Chara got out of the car.

"Oh um...well, he is the most popular kid at school. The news just kinda spread, I guess." She bit her lip and looked away.

"Oh okay. Have a nice holiday, Muffet. " I waved, starting to close her car door.

"You too!" I closed her door and she drove off. "She seems nice." I said as I lead the kids into my house. "I'm going to call Sans, alright?" I asked as we walked in.

"Who's Sans?" Chara questioned.

"Miss Toriel's boyfriend!" Frisk replied before I could respond.

"Oh, right. How do you know Sans?" Chara asked me.

"Well, he's my brother." I said shyly. Frisk gasped.

"That means you could be our uncle one day, Papyrus!"

"Yeah!" The two kids danced around happily. I knew they weren't Toriel's kids, but I decided to let them dream. The kids couldn't be any older than 11, so the possibility wasn't completely arbitrary.

"Alright, I'm gonna go call my brother now." I laughed and headed into the kitchen for some quiet. The phone picked up almost immediately after I dialed.

"Papy?" Sans' deep voice answered.

"Hello, brother!" I said happily.

"Ayy, Paps! Whaddup? How are the kids?"

"Oh the kids are quite alright! Mettaton helped out some, too!"

"That's good. Is he with you now?"

"Um, no, actually. He isn't." My voice dropped slightly.

"Pap? Somethin' wrong bro?"

"Well...uh..." My voice started to break. "Sans, I think...I think there may be something wrong." I couldn't hold it in. I started crying.

"Pap? Pap! Bro what's goin on up there?"

"I'm...I don't know Sans...but I don't think it's anything good...for Mettaton or myself..."