Napstablook...!

"Screw it! I'm coming in there!" I heard Mettaton yell as he kicked down a door. My head was still in pain, but I got up. I heard Mettaton give a pained gasp. I ran to his side.

"Oh...my...spaghetti..." I stared into Napstablook's room. Mettaton ran inside.

Napstablook was in his chair, laying on its side. He stared at the ground. "Papy come help!" Mettaton yelled. I frantically ran over. I wasn't sure what to do. "Get the chair out from under him!" I have never seen Mettaton so effortlessly lift a person before. Or anything for that matter. I picked up the chair off the ground and fixed it upright. Mettaton placed Napstablook back in the chair. "...thank you, Mettaton."

"Napstablook! How did that happen?!" Mettaton asked, or yelled, worriedly. It was the first time I heard him refer to his cousin by his real name instead of just Blooky.

"I don't know...I was just sitting...then I was on the ground..." He looked down. "I'm fine now, Metta...really."

"Well, alright. I'll go order is some dinner. Be right back." He nervously strutted out. I stayed in the room.

"I noticed you have some...uh...things on your arm." I said awkwardly. He rubbed his left arm with his right hand.

"Oh yeah...some glass broke during the crash..."

"Napstablook...I know we haven't talked much since middle school, but...I know those weren't any accident. I'm guessing the glass is only what you told Mettaton." I sat down on the bed next to him. He looked away. "Whatever it is...just, please, open up to me. We used to be pretty close..."

He sighed. "I just...had some problems a while ago...it was only two days before the crash that it started. The scars matched the ones that actually were glass, so that's what Mettaton assumed. I didn't want to correct him..." It was then that I noticed a small gash on his forehead, and upper right arm.

"Napstablook, why didn't you tell anyone?"

He responded with a sigh. "How did you recognize them? That is...if you don't mind me asking..."

"Well...someone very close to me felt with something like that when I was young. I never want anyone to deal with that pain ever again." I felt my eyes heat up, I had to fight off the urged to cry.

"Oh..."

We sat in an awkward silence until the doorbell rang. "Yo! Food's here!" Mettaton said, in an unusually American accent. Napstablook and I both looked up from the ground. I wheeled him out to the kitchen as Mettaton carried in a brown paper bag with a giant smiley face on it. He carried the bag to the counter and started unpacking the containers and folded boxes. I brought Napstablook over to the table, then helped Mettaton open the food. My plate had noodles and chicken with broccoli. Mettaton placed a plate of white rice and chicken with garlic sauce in front of Napstablook, and a plate with a little bit of everything in front of himself.

"This is really good." I said between mouthfuls.

"It's alright." Mettaton shrugged. "But if you want real Chinese food, my aunt has some amazing recipes.

"Oh yeah...her food is great..." Napstablook added, semi-enthusiastically.

"Oh, I didn't know you were Chinese." I said trying not sound offensive. Napstablook and Mettaton started cracking up. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Oh silly! We aren't!" Mettaton said still laughing.

"She's not our biological aunt." Napstablook said mid chuckle.