The Note

~~~Papyrus' POV~~~

I heard the bell ring, announcing that lunch was over. I grabbed my stuff and headed to my best class. On the way to history I felt a strong grip on my shoulder.

"Hey, Pap!" I looked over and saw Undyne with a huge grin on her face.

"Oh hello, Undyne!" I said as we started up the stairs. I saw someone behind Undyne, I couldn't tell who it was though, their face was hidden behind their beautiful, black hair.

We soon got to our classroom and I held the door open. Undyne nudged my arm, "Thanks, pal!" Her friend followed closely behind.

"T-thanks, d-darling." I recognized that voice, that was Mettaton! Why was he so scared? Maybe I should compliment him.

"Your hair looks very nice today, Mettaton!" I exclaimed cheerfully. He blushed and tucked his hair behind his ear before walking in, I followed. I heard Undyne snicker until Mettaton shot her a dirty glance. I sat in my seat and started getting out my notebook and pencils. I heard Mettaton and Undyne whisper back and fourth. I tried not to listen to closely, that would be rude.

"Well you better ask him!" I heard Undyne say before our teacher started class. Soon I felt someone tap my wrist and hand me a note. I was about to open in when the teacher came over. Oh no! I'm in trouble aren't I?

"What's that, Papyrus?" Shoot!

"N-nothing!" I said trying to stuff it in my pocket. The teacher had a cold glare to match his cold tone.

"You shouldn't be passing notes in cla-"

"IT'S NOT HIS FAULT!" Mettaton said quite abruptly. All attention turned towards him as his beautifully tanned skin turning bright red. "I mean...Papyrus wasn't the one passing notes." He gulped nervously.

"Mettaton it's fine..." I tried reassuring him.

"I passed the note to him, but i-it won't happen again I-I promise." Mettaton said trying to calm down. The teacher went back to the lesson and I gave Mettaton a thoughtful smile. He seemed like he was on the brink of tears. I wonder what has him worked up, was it stress, drama, or something else? Whatever it was, I wanted to assure him that he could always count on me. Class seemed to breeze by. As we were packing up I turned towards Mettaton. What do I say? I still hadn't read the note.

"Thanks for, um, earlier...with the um...note thing." I said, I must have been blushing.

"Oh it was no problem, darling, really..." We both stood in an awkward silence. I let out a nervous laugh to break the silence.  We decided to walk together since our next classes were right next to each other.

"Oh, have you...um...well...have you r-read the note yet?" Mettaton asked nervously. He's so cute when he's nervous.

"No, not yet. Should I re-" I started to reach for the note in my pocket.

"NO!" Mettaton grabbed my hand. "Uh, no no, you can just take your time." He nervously smiled and we looked at our hands. We're...holding hands. "Um...t-this is my stop. He let go of my hand and rushed to the classroom.

"W-wait!" He whipped around. "Um, would you like to come over for dinner? We're having Undyne and Alph-"

"I'd love to." With that he went into his class. Guess I better get to my own class. I went into my classroom and pulled out the note.

Undyne is forcing me to do this so here it goes:
Will you go out with me?

I smiled and stuffed the note back into my pocket. I can't wait until dinner.

(Aaaaah that was so cute to write! Anyways hope y'all like this so far, you can also check out my other book, Matchmaker. Bye for now!

~Hayley)