Apologies

I didn't get any sleep that night. How could I? I was all alone in my bedroom. Blooky had taken the kids with him to Shyren's house. Too many people were being affected by something that only should have involved Muffet and I.

I coped the only way I knew how, playing sad love songs and crying. My phone buzzed. It was a text from Undyne. The only context was a link to a website. I clicked on it and my phone took me to Muffet's gossip page. Oh no. It was an article titled 'School's Hottest Power Couple On Hold?!' What?! I felt more tears rush to my eyes. The article wasn't much, but it had details that there was no way she could have known. She couldn't have known unless she witnessed what happened...or someone told her. No one would have done that. The kids were just enjoying their Christmas, Blooky wouldn't turn against me, and Papyrus...he doesn't even know Muffet! Does he? I felt the pain of fear strike my heart. Muffet could be manipulating him! Oh, I should of warned him! He didn't know, and this is all my fault. I read the end of the article, and chucked my phone across the room. I could practically hear her mocking voice repeating the ending over and over. I made my music louder, but I couldn't hear it. I tried to scream but no sound came out. I closed my eyes and cried.

"Stay curious, my bugs! Toddles~"

I woke up sometime later. My vision was hazy, but I saw two girls on the edge of my bed. One wore a black, leather jacket and blue jeans, while the other wore a pink sweater with black leggings. "You alright, Punk?" Undyne asked me. I yawned and rubbed my eyes.

"M-Mettaton? What happened with you and Papyrus?" Alphys asked. I sat up and took a deep breath.

"I lashed out at him. Pretty bad, actually." I felt like I was going to cry again, but nothing managed to come out. I guess Alphys noticed.

"I'll go g-get you some w-water." She hurried out of the room. Undyne gave me a concerned look. I laughed slightly.

"What's so funny?" She asked, moving closer to me.

"It's just...you once told me that there was nothing I could do to make Papyrus think any less of me. I was so nervous to talk to him." I chuckled some more. "You were so positive that I would never do anything wrong to him. You told me that everything would be just fine, but it seems I've done the exact thing you said I wouldn't." She looked slightly scared as I quietly laughed again. "My fears came true, but so much worse." I looked down. "Things used to seem so simple." I cradled my head in my hands. "What do I do now? Things are so complicated! I just want to get back to the way things used to be." Undyne patted my back as Alphys came back in. She put the glass on my nightstand, and the two of them pulled me into a hug.

"You should tell him what's going on." Undyne said. "I know Papyrus, and he'd rather hear it from you than from her." I looked up at her.

"But how do I-"

"You'll figure it out. He's innocent, but he isn't completely clueless. Just make sure you get to him before someone else does." She smiled determinedly. I thought for a moment.

"Darlings, I have the perfect plan." I schemed. I told them my plan and waited for a response.

"Metta, as your friend, I must tell you that this is totally insane." Undyne stated.

"I know, darling, but I can make it work." I smirked.

"If you insist, punk, but my advice still stands." Undyne said, handing me a phone.

"No." I pushed the phone away. "I need to talk to him face to face."

"Alright, champ, let's do this." Undyne said, adjusting her jacket as if about to leave.

"Right now?" Alphys and I both questioned.

"Yes." She looked stern.

"Fine, but I'm grabbing a sweater." I grabbed a random sweatshirt out of my wardrobe, before realized it was one that I had just received from Papyrus. It even had my name embroidered onto it with golden floss. I put on the pink sweatshirt, promising to always cherish it.

I headed out with Alphys and Undyne to the car. I sat in back, scrolling through pictures of Papyrus and I on my phone. Undyne drove quick, bordering on speed limits. We got to Papyrus' house, and I felt butterflies in my stomach.

"C'mon M-Mettaton! You c-can do i-it!" Alphys gave me a reassuring thumbs up.

"Get get 'em, punk." Undyne smiled. I took a deep breath and ran up to the door. I knocked three times before it opened. Revealing a somewhat disheveled Papyrus in spaghetti pajamas.

"Mettaton? What...what are you doing here?" He seemed confused but had sadness behind his eyes. I didn't say anything, I just wrapped my arms around him in a tight hug.

"I'm so sorry." I muttered, wanting to cry again. He was stunned and didn't do anything. I hugged him tighter. "Please, just, try to forgive me." My voice cracked with sadness. "I shouldn't have done that." He became less tense. "I shouldn't have lashed out so bad. None of this is your fault, but I acted like it was." I felt tears, but not my own. I looked up from my slump form and saw his red looking eyes tearing up. I didn't know what to do, I panicked. I started trying to wipe the tears off his cheeks. "Oh no, why are you crying? What did I say? Oh why am I such a fool?!" More tears came out as he cracked a smile.

"Mettaton..." He pulled me back into a hug. I just let him hold me, for as long as he needed me. "It's not your fault." He said after a few minutes.

"Yes, Papyrus, it is. This entire mess is because of me." I said, trying to keep a straight face.

"I just don't understand one thing." He stated. I gave him a puzzled look. "Why are you being so secretive? Whatever is going on, I swear, I can handle it."

"Well," I decided to finally be honest, "someone is trying to spread some rumors about me. I was...I was afraid that they would get to you. I was afraid you'd believe them, be heartbroken, and..." Tears dripped from my eyes. "And I was afraid that you'd break up with me." I tried wiping away my own tears. "I'm fully prepared for any and all judgement." I sighed.

"Seriously?" He started laughing.

"What's so funny?" I glared.

"Mettaton, I'd never do that. Even if I did find something bad, I would talk to you first." He said with a smile.

"Oh, thank you, Papyrus!" I threw myself at him, crying happily. He hugged me back. So, there we stayed in each other's arms. Our heart beats syncing together. I heard a honk from the car, which I motioned away with my hand. It felt nice to just hold each other. We pulled away from our hug and both smiled. "Well, I should probably get going." I rubbed the back of my head, awkwardly.

"Oh, a-alright." Papyrus said in what seemed like surprise.

"I'll see you around." I smiled and headed off to the car. I got in and heard rounds of applause. I scoffed and rolled my eyes. "Just drive, you nerds." I said and we drove off.

The Boy at School (A Papyton Highschool AU)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara