Christmas Eve

(Since I recently reached 9k reads, and theses characters are on Christmas break....I thought it'd be cute to do a special! Enjoy!)

------------------------------------------------------

"Mettaton! Mettaton!" I let out a small yawn and blinked my eyes open. Why did I let Papyrus talk me into this? Oh right...he didn't. I had somehow managed to talk Papyrus into allowing me to take the kids for Christmas Eve. "Mettaton! Wake up!" The rosy cheeked child shook me awake.

I groaned. "It's not Christmas yet, darling."

"I know, but Frisk and I want to get ready!" They said as they plopped down next to me.

"Shyren and I already set everything up." I sat up and yawned.

"Yeah, but we need to do other things. We need mistletoe! And cake!" I turned my head towards the child.

"Cake?"

"Yeah! Lots of cakes! Chocolate cake! Fruit cake! Coffee cake! Pineap-"

"Okay, first of all, we don't need so much cake. It's Christmas, not an asexual awareness convention. Secondly, pineapple upside down cake? Way too tropical for a holiday in Snowdin." I slid out of bed, went over to my dresser, and grabbed a hair brush.

"Okay, only one cake, then. The other things still stand though." Chara said intently.

"And those things are?" I asked, gliding the brush through my black hair.

"Mistletoe. We need mistletoe, it's a must."

"Alright, darling, we'll get some mistletoe." I giggled at the child's determination.

"We also need to play Christmas music. Maybe Napstablook can make us some Christmas remixes!" They gasped in delight.

"It's not a promise, but I'll ask him to." I placed down the brush and walked over to the child. "Now scram."

"Later!" They yelled, excitedly rushing out. I went back over to do my makeup. Let's be a bit festive, shall we? After applying my basics, such as foundation and concealer, I applied a sparkly, gold eyeshadow along with a dark, red lipstick. I admired myself in the mirror, then added the setting spray. I undressed myself from my pajamas, then put on a green pair of boxers printed with Christmas lights. Was it tacky? Well of course, but sometimes I enjoy being a bit tacky. I put on a pair of jeans, and a sweater that I "borrowed" from Papyrus a while ago. I threw on my pink boots, did one last dramatic hair flip in the mirror, and stepped out of my room.

I stepped into the living room where the kids were playing. "Hmm...you two are looking unseasonably not festive." I furrowed my brow.

"We don't have anything festive." Frisk shrugged before turning back to their game of swords.

"Well, I'm here to change that!" I announced. The two looked at me in confusion. "We're going shopping!" They gasped happily.

I knocked on Blooky's door, to which it opened. That's mildly new. "I'm going shopping, be back in a bit, dear." I smiled.

"Alright."

"Oh, and if it's not any trouble, dear, could you please DJ tonight?"

"You...want me to DJ?" He seemed shocked.

"If it's not too much trouble! I want to make this Christmas amazing for the children." I pleaded.

"Mettaton...I'd love to!" He grabbed his headphones and laptop. "I'll get started." I couldn't help but enjoy my cousin's happiness.