Asgore and Spaghetti

~~~Papyrus POV~~~

I walked into the lunch room. I scanned the room. At last I spotted a long red ponytail flip dramatically. I made my way over to Undyne and Mettaton. I sat down next to Mettaton and smiled at the two. Mettaton looked at me, then at Undyne. Undyne made a proud smirk. Mettaton sighed in exasperation. "Hey Papyrus." I was a bit bewildered. Hey Papyrus? No, "hello darling"? Just "hey Papyrus?"

"Hello, Mettaton." He seems...off.

"Hello, dear." He says dramatically turning his head to face me. He looks especially flirty. Soon Alphys comes over to join us.

"Hi P-Papyrus! I d-didn't know you would be joking us."

"Oh, hello, Alphys! Undyne invited me!" I saw Mettaton turn to glare at Undyne while she snickered to herself. What's going on between those two? Where was the joke? I sat nervously thinking of what to say. I took a bite of my sandwich. Was Mettaton as awkward as I was? Surely not, Mettaton never got nervous. Alphys fumbled around in her seat. I looked around thinking of something to say. Ask him out again. I inhaled to speak. Nope nope, can't do this. Nope too nervous.

"So, Mettaton," I forced myself to speak anyway. He looked over at me.

"Yes, darling?" He asked with the cutest smile.

"Would you, maybe possibly, like to grab dinner on Friday night? With me?" I tried to keep eye contact. Mettaton looked surprised.

"Like, on a date?" His dreamy eyes went wide. Alphys squealed behind us.

"Yes..."

"Oh, darling, I would love to!" He bounded in for a hug. I sighed in relief. The bell rang, so we got up and went to class. That was easier than expected.

The day went by fast. Before I knew it I was cooking spaghetti at home for Sans, Toriel, and I. Toriel was at our house a lot, or Sans would be at hers. I put a lid on the spaghetti on left it on the stove to cook some more. I stepped out into the living room, where Sans and Toriel where sitting on the couch. "Hello, Papyrus." Toriel greeted with a soothing tone.

"Hello, Toriel!" I sat down on a chair nearby. Sans was laying next to Toriel half asleep. I was about to speak when I heard a knock at the door.

"I'll get it!" I yelled as I walked to the door. I swung the door open. "Oh hello, Asgore!" I greeted the tall, bulky man with a goatee.

"Hello, Papyrus." He greeted in a calm, deep voice. For such a burly man, he acted rather calm and collected. He liked tea.

"So, what brings you by?"

"Oh, just thought I'd drop by and say hello." He smiled. I heard Toriel scoff from the couch. Asgore is Toriel's ex, so it sometimes gets a bit awkward between them.

"Welp, you said hi, and now it's time to say bye." Sans said rudely as he walked towards the kitchen. "Hey, Pap, I think the spaghetti is burning."

"Well, it was nice talking to you Asgore, but I have to go now."

"Alright, I'll see you around." He said. He clearly paid no attention to the insult Sans had thrown at him.

"See you!" I closed the door and ran into the kitchen. I turned down the heat, stirred the spaghetti, and put it in a drainer. Sans and Tori both took a seat in the kitchen, while I plated the spaghetti.

"Ugh I can not believe that guy." Toriel sighed as I walked in. I handed her a plate of spaghetti. "Thank you, Papyrus." I grinned. I handed Sans a plate and went to sit down.

"Well, don't worry too much about him, Tori." Sans said in a deep, gruff voice. He stared down at the plate for a couple seconds before grabbing his fork. Sans wasn't very fond of Asgore, so I tried changing the subject.

"So, I have a date on Friday..." Sans looked up in shock. Toriel smiled.

"Oh really? So, who's the lucky one?" Toriel asked. Sans didn't change his expression.

"Well it's Mettaton." Toriel looked slightly surprised. Sans attempted to look more relaxed, but I could tell he wasn't.

"Oh really? Wow so how long have you two been together?" I blushed at Toriel's question.

"Well I wouldn't say we're a thing..." I said still blushing as Sans fumbled in his seat. "We just kind of started to well..." Sans poked at his spaghetti. Toriel giggled and smiled reassuringly.

"Don't worry, I get it." We continued eating, well Sans didn't eat very much. The night went by fast, as did the rest of the week. At last, it was Friday morning. The day of the date.

-------------------------------------------------------

(Hey guys! Sorry for the short chapter. I've been slowed down by some slight writer's block, but don't worry for nothing can stop the determination of HayleyOTP!!! *lame trumpet noises* Anyway, I still can't believe how many reads on votes I've gotten. As always, see you in the next update, my lovelies!

~Hayley)

P.S sorry my writing skills...well declined in this chapter. I promise the next chapter will be much better written. Bai.