For Real This Time

(Omg 100+ reads?!?! Wow guys! Anyway I'm really glad you guys are enjoying this story, it's so much fun to write! And thanks to everyone who keeps voting and commenting! ~Hayley)

~~~Mettaton POV~~~
I paced back and forth throughout my bedroom. "What should I wear? Do I go fancy, casual, or something in between?" I continued my pacing.

"How about we come up with a few outfits and see what works?" Alphys suggested, sitting on my bed. Her honey blonde hair in its usual twist.

"Well, alright." I shrugged reluctantly and stopped my pacing. Alphys hopped off of my bed and went over to my closet searching through clothes. I sat down in her place, facing Undyne.

"So where are you nerds even going?"

"Well...I'm not quite sure, darling." How am I supposed to plan this date?

"Well that helps!" Alphys yells digging through my closet. She only gets sarcastic like this when she's really focused.

"There's a carnival in town. Maybe take him to that?" Undyne suggested with a shrug.

"Well it's not the most conventional spot for a first date...but it'll do." I grabbed my phone and texted Papyrus.

Mettaton: Wear something casual, darling ;)

"Hmmm...I got it!" I looked over at Alphys who was smiling triumphantly. She layer down three outfits on the bed and told me to try the on. I took them into the bathroom to get changed. The first outfit was a green muscle shirt with black shorts. I tried it on and went out to model for the girls. Undyne held in a chuckle.

"Alphys this looks ridiculous on me!"

"Okay maybe I didn't quite think that one through. Try something else." I went back and changed. Why do I even own muscle shirts? They're so not my style! I put on the next outfit. A black tank top, hot pink crop top with the words "Hot Stuff" written on it, a pair of black jeans, and some black converse sneakers. I strutted into the room.

"Alphys." I said in a serious tone. She look nervous. "This outfit..." She gulped nervously. "...is absolutely FABULOUS, darling!" Her chubby face lit up.

"I'm glad you like it, M-Mettaton!"

"Now, for your face!" Undyne announced.

"Alright, I'll go ge-"

"Nope! I'm gonna do your makeup this time!" Oh no.

"Undyne you don't have to do-" Undyne is extremely reckless. This can only be a disaster.

"Calm down, pretty boy! I know what I'm doing! Plus, I watch you do makeup all the time!" I gulped.

"Alright, fine..." Alphys giggled at my predicament. She pulled out her phone and started recording.

"Alphys what are you-" I was interrupted by Undyne running in holding a bucket of my makeup. I tensed up.

"Mettaton relax! I'm just putting on some primer! Mettaton stop being difficult!" Alphys giggled in the back. Soon Undyne finally got me to calm down.

"Undyne you better not mess this up." She rolled her eyes. "Alphys are you seriously still recording this?!"

"Yup!" This is going to be a long night. It wasn't long before we heard the time alarm go off. I squirmed at Undyne doing my final touches.

"Okay I have to go pick him up!" I started to break away from the girls. Alphys had, thankfully, stopped recording at this point.

"Okay but first!" She missed my face with setting spray, and Alphys put some more spray in my hair. I stood up, brushed myself off, and walked towards the car. They both got in the back seats.

"And what are you doing?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Supervising." Undyne stated with a chuckle. I rolled my eyes and laughed. Driving to Papyrus' house. After about 5 minutes of driving we finally got there. I stepped out of the car and knocked on the door. Just take a deep breath. The door opened up. I straightened my spine almost immediately.

"Hello, darling!" I felt slightly nervous.

"Hello, Mettaton!" He stepped out of the house, closing the door. "So where are we going for our date?" I led him to the car.

"Somewhere I think you'll enjoy." We got in the car, Undyne had already programmed the directions into my phone. I started to drive. I really hope he likes this date. To be perfectly honest, I didn't know Papyrus that well. I only knew he was friends with Undyne. He had his usual smile. His smile is so beautiful. He smiles like there's nothing wrong with the world. Like he's never had a bad day in his life.

"Turn left." The directions on my phone where the only thing breaking the silence.

"So, um, Papyrus." He glanced up at me. "Tell me a little bit about yourself."

"Well I love with my brother Sans, but you already knew that." Was he nervous too? "I like cooking spaghetti, and I sometimes train with Undyne." Aww, I think he's is nervous. It's kind of cute. "Why don't you tell me a bit about yourself, Mettaton?" I tensed.

"Oh well, um, I like hanging out with Undyne and Alphys, I like doing makeup." Something to say, something to say... "and I like to sing."  I was still nervous. What if he thinks I'm lame? What if he thought I looked terrible this morning?!

"Wowie! I didn't know you sing!" I blushed a bit.

"Um...yeah...I'm really not that good though."

"Oh please! You sing great!" I blushed at Alphys' remark. "Also, since when are you Mr.humble?" Alphys no you're ruining my date...

"You have arrived at your destination." I turned off my navigation app and parked in the makeshift parking lot. Papyrus' brown eyes lit up at the sight of the fair.

"Wowie, Mettaton!" His smile grew bigger. The four of us stepped out of the car. Undyne and Alphys decided to head off on their own way and we all agreed to meet back at the car by 9:30pm. I grabbed his hand. I saw him look down at our hands as I stared straight in front of me. Oh no. I made a move to soon. Abort! Abort! He blushed and our fingers intertwined. I smiled at him. He smiled back through a deep blush on his Carmel skin. With our hands together we headed towards the carnival.

-------------------------------------------------------

(Aaaaah so cute! Anyway thanks again for all those reads! So, due to spring break ending I won't be able to update as much 😖, BUT summer vacation is only 8 weeks away! Anyway, thanks a lot lovelies!

~Hayley)