Old Friends

I woke up in my room, my face stained with tears. It was after a long talk with Blooky that I decided to lay down for a bit. I looked around and saw a glass of water with a notecard on my nightstand. I sat up and read the card. The words: "Drink plenty of water. Wouldn't want the 'World's Best Cousin' getting dehydrated." were written on the card in blue ink, and signed by ''Napstablook.''

"Oh, Blooky." I sighed and gulped down the whole glass. I grabbed a blanket and held it around myself. There were high pitched giggles from the living room, and I decided to investigate.

"Oh...you're awake." Blooky said with a tiny smile.

"That I am. What are they doing here?" I asked looking over to Shyren and Alphys who were on the couch. Shyren was bundled up in a lakefoam green coat, while Alphys had a black dress with white polkadots, accompanied by a light grey beanie.

"N-Napstablook t-told us to c-come talk to y-you." Alphys said, gesturing for me to sit down.

"We heard there were some...issues with someone from school." Shyren said in a soft, sweet voice. I sat down at a seat by Napstablook, and held my blanket tighter.

"W-What happened, M-Mettaton?"

"A certain someone made it sound like I said something that I didn't. Something that could get in between Papy and I." I sighed. Shyren gave me a sympathetic look, but Alphys looked...angry.

"This 'certain someone' wouldn't happen to be the biggest, and greediest, gossip girl in school, would they?" You could see the blood boiling under the scientist's skin.

"But, alas, it was." I sighed in defeat.

"Wait, who are we talking about?" Shyren asked.

"Little miss Muffet." Alphys huffed. "She's the biggest gossiper at school."

"She seems nice, at first." I continued. "If you ever get the pleasure of meeting her, I suggest you avoid talking to her at all costs." I added.

"Oh. Well she sounds just dolce." Shyren added, leaving Alphys in slight confusion.

"It's a music term, dear."

"Oh...right." Alphys blushed in embarrassment.

"I just hope Papy isn't mad at me for leaving him." I shuddered at the thought of him angry.

"He seemed pretty worried when I talked to him." Napstablook added. Just then my phone started ringing. I didn't bother to check who was calling. I answered immediately.

"Hello?"

"Yo! Glitter face!" A deep voice said.

"Sans?"

"Yes, sir."

"H-how is the trip?" I asked. Alphys and Shyren exchanged confused glances.

"Oh yeah great, but...that's not why I'm calling."

"Oh?"

"My brother is really worried about you. To the point of crying even." I feel a pain in my chest. "So I suggest you tell me what's going on. Unless, that is, you wanna have a bad time." I felt a terrible pain that almost made me puke.

I sighed. "It was Muffet."

"Muffet? That nice girl that drinks tea and sells donuts?" Nice? Nice?!

"Muffet is anything but nice." I felt my anger rise to my cheeks. "She's cruel, vicious, and is only nice when she needs something from someone!" My emotions ran to my waterline. "So, no, she's not nice." I felt myself get choked up.

"Woah, Mettaton, calm down. I feel like you just need to explain to Paps what's going on alright? The sooner he knows it's not about him, the sooner he can calm down." The call ended. I stuffed my phone into my pocket.

I closed my eyes and let my tears roll down my cheeks. I felt small, petite arms wrap around me. "Thanks, Shyren." I muttered out in between silent sobs.

"It's no problem." She said, squeezing me comfortingly.

"Maybe I should call him." I said.

"You should wait until morning..." Napstablook said. "It's almost 11 O' clock. He might be asleep."

"You're right." I sighed.

"D-do you want us to stay with you until th-then?" Alphys suggested.

"I'd love that, but where would everyone sleep?"

"I could...stay in Blook's room." Shyren suggested with a blush.

"I c-could take the c-couch!" Alphys announced.

"Thank you, darlings." I smiled. "Okay, Blooky, I'll help you get into bed." I started standing up.

"A-actually...I can do it myself..." Napstablook said.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah...I figured out how."

"Well, alright. See you darlings in the morning!" I said with a yawn.

"Goodnight." We all said to each other as I headed to my room and laid down.

-------------------------------------------------------

(Hope y'all are enjoying this calm before the storm! I don't want to give away spoilers, but I'd recommend paying close attention these next few chapters, 😉 See you all in the next update, my lovelies!

~Hayley)