The Phone Call

(I am fully prepared for everyone to hate me now.)

~~~Mettaton's POV~~~

It was Sunday night when I received a call, I never thought I would...

Earlier That Day

I picked up the phone and noticed Alphys was calling. "Hey, Mettaton?" She started shyly.

"Yes, Alphys?"

"Uh, th-there's this...science thing...coming up next week. It's g-gonna be at this b-ball..."

"A ball?" I perked up.

"Y-yeah. I was...wondering if you c-could be my w-wingman."

"Alphys I'd love to."

"G-great!" She sounded excited. "I-I'll send you the i-information."

"Alright. Bye-bye, Darling!" I hung up. Going to a ball sounds fun. Even if I'll just be a wingman.

The rest of the day was just a normal Sunday for me, then, something happened. I was lying in bed, half asleep, when my phone started ringing. Who calls at 11:30 at night? I answered the phone and yawned. "Hello?" I asked sleepily.

"Hello, is this...Mettaton speaking?" The man on the other end wasted no time.

"This is he. May I ask why you're calling at this hour?"

"Yes. I have you as an emergency contact for a young man by the name of...Napstablook."

"Blooky?!" I tried not to panic. This may be nothing. I tried to lower my tone. "Is my cousin alright?"

"There's been an accident." And that's when my world fell apart.

-------------------------------------------------------

(Remember when I said there was only a few chapters left of them being happy? If you thought that was a joke,

You're gonna have a bad time, my lovelies.

~Hayley)