1,000 Read Special

(Hey guys! Here is my 1k special! I decided to do something more with Papyrus, since we don't explore his backstory or relationships with other characters that much. Hope you all enjoy this chapter!)

~~~Papyrus POV~~~

Beep! Beep!

I hit the snooze button on my alarm clock. I, the Great Papyrus, love to wake up early and get a head start on the day. Except today. I decided to get some sleep after my scare yesterday. I heard a crash in the kitchen and fell out of my bed. "Ow..." I rubbed my head that had hit the floor. I stumbled out to see Sans on the floor surrounded by various pans, pots, and whisks. I face palmed. "Sans? How did you even manage to do that?!" I went into the kitchen.

"This is why you're the chef, Pap." Sans said, rather calmly. I rolled my eyes and helped him up. I started picking up the cook ware, and put it away.

"Sans, it would be greatly appreciated if you could help out instead of just standing there." I said harshly. He picked up one whisk. "Now was it really that hard, Sans?" He shrugged.

"Well, I'm tired now. Wake me up when Tori gets here."

"Oh, Toriel is coming over?"

"Yeah." Sans said as he started to fall back asleep, on the floor. I rolled my eyes at him, and left him there. He is such a bag of bones. I went back up to my room. I started fixing the pillows and blankets on my race car bed. Soon I noticed a key on my nightstand. It was one of those small keys that came with cheap diaries and have to be sold in pairs because you'll lose at least one within a week. I walked over to the diary key. I didn't think much of it and went to put it in a drawer. I opened the drawer to find my journals from Middle School. Wowie, how long have those been there? I picked up the oldest looking one, turned to a random page, and started reading.

"October 15.
Wowie, today was great! I met some interesting new characters. One boy was short, and covered his face with his hair. His name is Napstablook. He is very shy, but I'm sure he'll warm up to me, eventually. I also met his cousin! I didn't catch his name, however... He has really dark, black hair. He was a bit shy at first, but not as much as Napstablook. He dresses quite odd for a boy. He wears a lot of pink, but it's so cool! He's kinda cute. That's not weird is it? I'm sure it's perfectly normal for a cool guy, such as myself, to be interested in a boy. I'd like to be good friends with these two."

I blushed a bit at the entry, remembering that day. That was when I first met Mettaton. I flipped to another page.

"November 10
Today Undyne agreed to start training me. I want to be tough and strong, just like her! I think she really saw my potential when I, the Great Papyrus, had put myself on the line to help out a friend. You see a couple of meanies were making Napstablook not so happy. So, I ran up to his defense, in the most heroic way possible. The meanies put up quite the fight, but nothing I couldn't handle!"

I rubbed my jaw in remembrance of that brave day. If it wasn't for that, Undyne and I would have never become best friends! I was about to read another page when I heard my phone start ringing. "Hello? This is the great Papyrus speaking!"

"Hey, punk." I immediately recognized the voice.

"Oh hello, Undyne! How may I assist thee?"

"Uh, so I was wondering if, uh, um...There's this dance thing coming up...uh..." She paused for a bit. "I'll send you the info, just, meet me there."

"Al-" She hung up. "Alright..." Wowie, I wonder what that was about. I set the diary aside. "Sans! I'm going out for a bit!" I yelled as I went down the stair.

"Be back before 5!"

"I won't be gone that long." I said as I opened the door. It was exceptionally chilly today, so I grabbed a sweater and beanie. I pulled the sweater over my shirt, and tucked my hair into the beanie. I headed out. I was walking through the streets headed to the local coffee shop. I usually don't go there, but I wanted to get some hot cocoa. I walked in and pulled my scarf away from my face. "Oh hello, Napstablook!" I said to the boy. He looked up at me.

"Oh...hello..." He looked back down at his cash register. "How may I help you?" Does he recognize me?

"I'll just have the hot chocolate, please." I said, kind of shyly.

"Alright..." He rang up some things on the screen. "Your total is $11.58" I payed and waited for my drink. The crowd was low, so I only waited for about two minutes. I grabbed my drink, readjusted my scarf, and headed out. As soon as I opened the door, the cool air bit my nose. Of course, I was used to the cold air, but it was still cold nonetheless.

I continued my walk through the streets of Snowdin. Nyeh heh heh, only one week left until Winter break! I took a sip of my drink. It was piping hot. Perfect for today. I looked at my watch, and started to turn towards home. As I walked, I gazed at the snow covered trees, grass, buildings, everything. I took deep breaths, and small sips, strolling through. Most people tend not to notice the beauty of the snow. I, however, like to find the beauty in everything. I looked up at the sky and saw the grey clouds come in. There's gonna be storm soon. I quickened my pace. I was almost home when I bumped into someone. "Oh, pardon me! I, the Great Papyrus, did not mean to get in your way." I heard a deep chuckle.

"It's fine, Papyrus." Asgore had on ear muffs, and a royal purple jacket.

"Oh, hello, Asgore! What are you doing around here?"

"Just admiring the scenery. It is very nice around here."

"Oh yes. Though, not many people tend to notice the beautiful scenery." I looked around, drawing in a deep breath. "Well, it was nice talking to you, Asgore. However, I, the Great Papyrus, must be going. I'll see you around!"

"Alright. Goodbye, Papyrus." He said and we both continued our walks, in separate directions. I couldn't understand why, but Sans didn't like Asgore for some reason. I turned a corner and headed back. I got back to find Toriel and Sans exchanging puns, as they usually do.

"Knock, knock" Toriel said giggling slightly.

"Who's there?"

"A broken pencil."

"A broken pencil who?" Sans smiled.

"Never mind. It's Pointless!" They both erupted in laughter at the joke. I closed the door behind me. "Oh hello, Papyrus." Toriel said, still laughing slightly.

"Hello, Toriel!" I greeted. I started walking towards the stairs as the couple continued their jokes. I went up to my room and continued to read the old journals. So many memories. After flipping through a bit, I heard the doorbell ring. I left my room and went to the stairs where I saw Sans holding a few boxes. I gave him a puzzled look.

"Papyrus, we eat spaghetti just about every day." I was still puzzled. Sans sighed. "Pizza."

"Well, I suppose pizza is alright too." I rushed down the stairs and Toriel tried not to giggle. The pizza was pretty good actually. Not as good as my spaghetti of course. We enjoyed the evening of pizza, small talk, and puns. I will admit, my brother's puns aren't too terrible. It's hearing them every single day that I can't stand.