I'm Sorry

I over slept and barely made it to school on time. I sat down next to Alphys in science. I had to catch my breath after running up the stairs. "Woah, where were you this morning?" Alphys asked.

"Over slept. Have you seen Papyrus?"

"Uh n-no. I don't th-think he's in school today."

"Why?" I asked. Papyrus hated missing school. Alphys shrugged and went back to her notes. It was hard to focus on...whatever we were learning. I grabbed my pencil and tried writing in my notebook anyways. Okay, mitosis...mitosis...cells dividing...dividing...division...math...I have math with Papyrus. Papyrus. My boyfriend. Mine. My revenge. My revenge on Muffet. Meiosis. I scribbled diagrams onto my notebook pages. Something about the way that the pencil sounded familiar. Please don't make any sudden moves. Alas, a song was stuck in my head. You don't know the half of the abused.

There was a nudge at my arm. I looked at at Alphys, who kept elbowing me. "Mettaton, you're humming again." She whispered.

"Whoops. Sorry, darling." I said, mentally scolding myself. I had a habit of doing that without noticing. It was a habit that always ended in embarrassment. After class, I headed to my locker to switch out my books.

"Mettaton, you alright?" Alphys asked. Her locker was next to mine, so we saw each other a lot during the day.

"I'm fine, darling." I said. I left before she could respond. I felt guilty for leaving her, but I didn't feel like talking. I had too much on my mind to focus on anything else. During my classes it was hard to concentrate. Nothing happened until Math. We had a sub, which didn't help.

I walked into the room to see "Sit wherever you want" written on the board. I took a seat in the back of the room. I was reading a book, trying to distract myself from thinking about Papyrus. It worked, more or less, until I detected movement from the corner of my eye. I looked at the seat next to me, and saw, none other than, Muffet. "Hello, dearie." She smirked, without glancing in my direction.

"Oh, hell to the no." I snapped, eyeing her up and down.

"My, my, dearie." She did the stupid gasp again. "No need for such a hostile attitude."

"Well, darling," I gritted my teeth, "mind telling me why you're over here?" I looked at all the empty seats, clearly annoyed.

"Can't a girl just sit wherever she pleases?"

"Why you little-" the bell rang, starting class.

"Students. Settle down, settle down." A tired sub said. He was a big, burly man. From the strain of his voice, you could tell that the last three classes had not been kind to him. "Today you'll be working in pairs. So, just work with whomever is next to you." Muffet looked at me and smirked. Not wanting to cause drama, I huffed out a sigh of anger, accepting my fate. "So, get to work until class is over." I don't know what it was, but the sub didn't hand anything out.

"So, partner." She said.

"So." I responded.

"How's things going with your little boy toy?" She giggled evilly.

"Muffet, I swear to-"

"Or should I say, 'ho-"

"Don't you dare." I slammed a fist on her desk, gaining glances from a couple students. I lowered my voice, to avoid any more drama. "You know I love him."

"Oh, sure you do. Ya know? Deep down I bet you're one kinky little gay boy, aren't you?" She smirked, crossing her legs, one over the other.