Chapter Twenty-Three

Niall's POV:

Today was Christmas Eve.

The whole gang was coming over for dinner tonight. We were setting up the Christmas tree right now, Louis struggling to connect the pieces.

"Daddy! Hurry up!" Lea whined.

We all laughed at how impatient she was. She's definitely Alex's sister.

Eleanor stroked Lea's hair and the two of them sat with Louis, trying to help him.

"Hey." Alex walked up behind me.

"Hey, cutie." I smiled down at her.

"Niall, I really want to talk to you about-"

She looked over at Louis, Eleanor and Lea. A pained expression washed over her face.

"Never mind. I'll talk to ya later." She croaked, then turned towards the front door.

I watched as she slipped into a leather jacket and a pair of boots, then grabbed her car keys and left.

Wonder why she's so sad...? And where's she going?

It's non or my buisness, and I guess it's just better to let her do her thing... I just hope she comes back before the snow storm.

Alex's POV:

I got in my car and put my head in my hands. I can't really explain why I'm so stressed, I just am. Maybe it's cause I'm PMSing... Or I just have to much going on.

Pulling out my phone, I sent a quick text to the one person I really want to spend time with right now, asking if I could come over. They replied with a yes, saying they've got some stuff they need to get off their chest.

Starting the car, I drove to their house. I pulled into his driveway and knocked on the front door. The door swung open and I ran into his arms.

"Hey, Liam. I missed you."

"I missed you too, Alex." He mumbled into my hair.

~

"So, you just walked in on her kissing him? Her ex boyfriend?" I asked, sipping on my cup of tea.

"Yep. I knocked the dude to the ground with one punch. I was so pissed." Liam grunted.

"If I ever see that girl I will punch her out too." I muttered.

"Be my guest. Now... What's going on with you Niall?"

"Oh god. I want to tell him exactly how I feel, because now I know my feelings for him. But I just haven't gotten the chance. I'm hoping on telling him tonight... You're coming tonight... Right?" I looked at Liam.

"I'll come for you." Liam wrapped an arm around my shoulder.

"What else is going on?" Liam asked as we laid down on his comfy leather couch.

"Well... Do you think it'd sound ungrateful of me to say I feel like I'm not really part of the Tomlinson family?" I sighed.

"No, you don't sound ungrateful... But why do you feel that way?" Liam rubbed my arm as I rested my head on his chest.

"Well, I'm barely there... Plus, mum and dad spend more time with Lea than they ever do with me. It's like I'm just the adopted kid who's just... There."

"That is so not true. You are loved just as much as Lea. Eleanor and Louis love you, the boys love you, Niall loves you... I love you." Liam smiled at me.

He's got such a heartwarming smile. he could make anyone having a crapy day feel a thousand times better, just by smiling at them.

I placed a gentle kiss to his cheek and wrapped my arms around him.

"I love you too." I mumbled into his chest.

The doorbell went off, interrupting our BFF moment.

"Can you get it? I'm too lazy." Liam puppy dog eyed me.

"Sure." I laughed, crawling over him and running to the door.

I flung it open and you never would have guessed who was standing in front of me.

Sophia Smith.

The betch who cheated on my best friend.

"Is Liam here?" She asked rudely.

"Yeah."

She was about to walk through to door when I placed my hand in front of her, pushing her back onto the front step.

"But you're not going to see him." I gave her a bitchy smile.

"Who are you anyways? His new girlfriend?" She gave me a dirty look.

"No." I scoffed.

"True. Guessing by the way you're dressed, I'd say you're more of a prostitute." She snickered.

"You just bought yourself a nose job." (A/N): yes, stollen from One Tree Hill but it's just such a perfect line!)

I punch her straight in the nose an she stumbled backwards.

She started to hyperventilate and screech.

"You asked for it." I crossed my arms.

"What happened?!" Liam came rushing behind me.

"I punched her...?" I looked up at him.

He looked back at me with a blank expression, then started laughing.

"Up top!" He put his hand up and I high fived him.

Liam slammed the door shut and locked it.

"This is why you're my best friend." He wrapped his arm around my shoulders and we went to lay down.

~

After about a half hour of laying down with Liam, we decided we'd best go back for dinner.

"You should drive with me, since there's supposed to be a snow storm. You can stay over." I look up at him.

"Sure. Let me pack a few things for overnight, I'll be one second."

Liam ran up his stairs and I walked around his flat. I came across a photo of him and Danielle. It sat in a black frame which rested on his computer desk. They looked so happy in this picture. You can tell, they're clearly in love.

Liam came thumping down the stairs with his bag, but I continued to stare at the photo.

"Why did you and Danielle break up?" I turned to look at him.

"Management. I loved her... I still do." Liam shook his head sadly.

I gave him a pitiful look and pulled him into a hug.

"It's okay. It'll get better. Now, let's go." I took his hand and dragged him out of his flat and into my car.

Louis' POV:

Lea, Eleanor and I finished setting up the Christmas tree while Niall decorated the rest. Except one thing.

"You forgot the mistletoe." I pulled the plastic item from our box of Christmas decorations.

I tied a bit of fishing line to it's little hook and taped it to the roof by the back door.

Niall smiled as we all looked at the house.

"I love Christmas." Lea said excitedly.

I gave my daughter a quick pat on the head then kissed Eleanor.

"Me too." I looked at them both.

Niall stood beside me awkwardly then left to the kitchen.

"Guests should show up soon." Eleanor shrieked.

"Can't wait." I sat on the couch.

Before I could get comfortable, the doorbell rang and Eleanor ran to answer it.

"Hello! Come on in!"

I watched as Harry, Kassity, Zayn and Perrie came filing in. They all undressed out of their winter clothes and came inside and sat by the fire.

Excerpt for Perrie, who went to play with Lea. Perrie loves Lea.

Liam and Alex came in the house not too long after the others did.

"Well, now that everyone's here... Dinner time!" Eleanor gestured to the table covered with food.

Everyone sat around the table. Harry was beside Kassity, who was beside Perrie who was beside Zayn. On the other side, Alex sat in between Niall and Liam. Eleanor, Lea and I sat on the ends of the table.

We all said grace then dug in. Different conversations were shared around the whole table, and I couldn't help but watch as Niall and Alex made flirty eyes at each other all through dinner.

"So, Alex and Kass. How are you enjoying Uni so far?" Liam asked, taking a bit of turkey.

"It's good. Even though I'm sort of in a fight with this girl named EveLynn and her little gang of minions. Other than that, I've made a few friends and I'm really enjoying myself." Alex said proudly.

"That's my girl." I smiled to myself.

I know I fail to show it, but I'm so proud of Alex. She's come so far since we first met. It really makes me feel like I've done a good job parenting her.

"I've had fun to... I've kinda had to leave early to visit my brother. He's recently been diagnosed with cancer... And he was in remission. But he's better now. I'm so thankful he is." Kassity spoke.

Harry kissed her temple and rubbed her back soothingly.

"That's where you went! I was wondering why you had left me alone. I missed you." Alex looked over at Kassity.

"Sorry. But I'll be there with you when we got back in a few days." Kassity smiled.

"There's one thing we gotta do now... Boys, and Perrie... This is something you're good at. Time to sing happy birthday to dad! We didn't forget, daddy." Alex looked at me with a smile.

I smiled to myself as everyone sang happy birthday to me.

Yes, sing for the queen...

"Thanks, everyone."

After we all finished dinner, everyone scattered about the house, doing whatever they wanted.

It really felt good having everyone I cared about, all in one place.

I felt hands slide around my torso and I turned my head to see my beautiful wife.

"Come here, you." I put my hands around her petit waist and kissed her passionately.

I couldn't have asked for a better life.

Niall's POV:

I was sipping on some cranberry ginger ale when Alex came walking over to me.

"Hi there." I smiled warmly at her.

"Hey, Niall... Can you come here for a second?" She slowly backed up towards the back door.

"Sure... What's up?" I stood in front of her and she smiled.

"What are you all smiley about?" I asked curiously.

She pointed to the roof and I looked up, and realized we were standing under the mistletoe.

I looked into her eyes as she approached me slowly. Our bodies touched, and I slid my hands around her waist. She draped her arms around my neck and our lips finally met in a passionate kiss. My mind flashed back to our very first kiss...

I look over at her and her eyes widen.

"Would you be okay with me kissing you?" I whispered to her.

She nodded her head, her face a bright shade of red.

"Okay... Ready?" I asked her, taking a deep breath.

She nodded her head again, clamping her eyes shut.

I closed my eyes and leaned in.

Our lips came in contact and I felt fireworks go off around the room. Her lips were so soft and gentle, I didn't want us to break apart.

That was so long ago... We've come so far since then.

Alex and I pulled apart and smiled at each other.

"Niall, I've been trying to tell you all day... I love you and I miss you. I'm willing to give us anther shot if you are... You're the love of my life, and all I know is that whenever I'm with you, I'm the happiest girl alive. Will you take me back?" Alex blushed slightly.

My heart began to beat a mile a minute. I took Alex's hand and placed it on my chest.

"You feel that? That's my heart beating for you. I love you so much, Alex. I'd love to be able to call you mine. Alex Tomlinson, will you be my girlfriend again?" I placed my hand on her cheek.

She nodded her head and we kissed once again.

Everyone in the room clapped and cheered, but we ignored them. The only thing that mattered right now was Alex, me and this moment.

I'm never going to let Alex go again.

Liam's POV:

Niall and Alex made up, and I couldn't be more happy for them. But I sill felt lonely inside...

I longed to have someone to love and hold and call my own...

I missed Danielle. She's the love of my life, and the only person I ever see myself with.

Downing another sip of cranberry gingerale, which is surprisingly good, the doorbell went out.

"I got it!" Alex hollored.

She ran to the door and answered it, but I didn't bother to see who it was.

"Hey, Liam... There's someone here to see you." Alex yelled.

I stood up and walked to the door, and when I finally looked up I was met with those beautiful brown eyes.

"Danielle?!" I gasped.

"Hi, Liam... I hope you don't mind me being here... I got a call from Alex." Danielle said.

"I don't mind at all... Please, come in."

I kinda felt weird inviting her into someone else's home but whatever.

~

Normal POV:

By the end of the night, everyone was fast asleep in their beds.

Zayn, Perrie, Harry, and Kassity had left to go home. Liam and Danielle shared a bed in the guest bedroom, and had also become boyfriend and girlfriend once again. Eleanor and Louis slept soundly with little Lea in between the two. And Niall and Alex shared Alex's bed, barely sleeping.

The two love birds were up late kissing and making up for lost time.

Niall promised he wouldn't leave Alex again, but what Alex going back to Uni? That's one thing he didn't think of.

Alex was beyond thrilled to be back with her one true love, and also didn't think of what will happen when she returns to Uni...

But they'll find out soon...

(A/N): CAN I GET A HELL YEAH?!

NIALEX IS BACK TOGETHER.

PAYZER IS BACK TOGETHER AND SOPHIAS GOT a BROKEN NOSE (unfortunately only in this story)

AND THIS CHAPTER IS LOnGER THAN A PAGE (I THINK).

Yuuuuuus >;3

This is not the end just yet! I'll probably do a few more chapters :).

Can I get 1500+ votes for next chapter since I'm up late writing this? xD I'm so not thirsty... Psh...

Thanks for reading! I love y'all so much! <3

- Corrina