Chapter Twenty-Two

Niall's POV:

I woke up feeling like crap.

Last night, I barely slept. Too many things to think about.

I felt really guilty about losing my cool last night. I could tell I really scared Alex. I'm usually not like that, and to be honest I scares myself a bit too.

Sighing, I got out of bed and went downstairs where Louis was sitting at the breakfast table alone.

"Hey, man." I greeted him.

"Don't 'Hey man' me." Louis snapped.

"I heard about what you did last night. You really scared Alex. I don't want my daughter to have to deal with more bs because of you, Niall. You've done enough." Louis raised his voice.

"I'm sorry. The most I did was push him. It didn't go further." I said guiltily.

I licked my lip and felt there was a fresh cut. It hurt quite a bit.

"I'm sorry for snapping. But no matter how much you love her, I'll always love her more. She's my daughter and I will protect her from whoever and whatever." Louis said seriously.

"I know, man. I'd do the same for my daughter."

My daughter...

I really like the idea of being a father. As long as I was in a happy relationship with someone I love...

Like Alex.

I can only imagine being married to her. I'd be the luckiest man alive.

But right now she can barely even talk to me without getting angry.

"I know, lad. I approve of you being with Alex, I just don't want you to do anything stupid to upset her again." Louis narrowed his eyes.

"I promise, if I ever get Alex back I will never let her go again."

"Cool. I'm going to watch the news. Make a coffee or something I don't care."

"Wow... You even sound like a boring old dad." I muttered to myself.

"What was that?" Louis asked.

"Nothing!" I put on a quick smile.

Louis slowly backed out of the kitchen and into the living room.

That could have been bad...

Alex's POV:

When I woke up I was feeling slightly refreshed and ready for a new today.

I got up and went downstairs to the kitchen where Zayn and Perrie were eating and drinking coffee.

"Morning." I smiled at them.

"Morning, Alex." Zayn smiled.

"Here, have some coffee and food." Perrie offered.

I sat down and put some food on my plate and poured a cup of coffee.

"Thanks for letting me stay here last night." I smiled at them.

"Anytime, hun." Perrie patted my shoulder.

"That's what friends are for." Zayn nodded his head, taking another bite of his food.

I finished my breakfast and placed my dishes in the sink.

"As much as I love being here, I gotta run. I'll call a cab. Thanks again."

"Don't be silly. Zayn will drive you!" Perrie smacked Zayn's chest.

"Yeah. I'll drive you."

"Okay, thanks..." I looked at my feet.

"You can wear those back to your place. I'll pick them up when we see you for Christmas dinner tomorrow." Perrie smiled.

Oh yeah... It's Christmas eve tomorrow.

"Thanks. You guys are amazing."

"Let's go." Zayn stood up and we left the house.

The car ride was silent, not a word exchanged. We pulled up in front of my house and I got out of the car.

"Thanks, Zayn. See you tomorrow."

Zayn smiled and nodded his head, waving goodbye and leaving.

I walked in through the front door and went into the kitchen where Niall was sitting alone at the breakfast table.

"Hey, Niall." I smiled at him.

"Hey, Alex. How are ya?"

"Good. Look, I was wondering if-"

"Alex we have to go to your appointment now. Come on." Mum said.

"Dammit." I muttered to myself.

~

"Her results show she's all clean. No drugs in her system." The doctor handed mum my results.

"Told ya." I laughed.

"I knew you wouldn't take drugs." Mum blushed.

"Whatever. Let's go home." I linked arms with her and we left to go home.

(A/N):

I SERIOUSLY KNOW THIS STORY IS ALL OVER THE PLACE AND REALLY SHITTY BUT ITS ENDING SOON AND THE THIRD BOOK WILL BE BETTER, OKAY? c:

Uh... I won't ask for votes this time. I'll try and update tomorrow.

Thanks for reading. I honestly love you guys so much! (No stalkero)

- Corrina