Chapter Ten

**warning near the end of this chapter is slightly gross**

Alex's POV:

My headphones blared as I marched down the silent streets towards the bus stop. Niall had invited me to come hang out with him at his place, and considering it was the weekend I figured it'd be fine.

The bus finally approached in front of me and I paid the driver, then walked to the back of the bus. I sat down at very end, as there was no one around.

I started to think about why Niall wants me to come over?

Just to hang?

Is it going to be me, him and Demi?

What's going to happen?

Whatever it was, I just hope it all goes smoothly.

There very few people on the bus, probably because it was around 8 at night.

About five people were sitting at the front of the bus, either mapping or listening to music.

There were probably more people on the second floor, as it was a double decker bus, but I didn't bother to go up and check. I don't really care.

The bus came to a stop as a few more people came on the bus.

One was a girl who looked a few years younger than me, and a pretty hot boy with her.

They came and sat beside me. I have them a confused look.

"Hi, I'm Ava. This is Peter." The girl named Ave, spoke.

"I'm Alex." I smiled.

"Nice to meet you... You seem somewhat familiar... Have I seen you somewhere before?" Peter stepped in.

"Probably... I dated Niall Horan from One Direction... I'm actually going to see him now." I laughed awkwardly.

"Oh right! Alex Tomlinson or something?"

"Yup. That's me." I blushed.

"You're even cuter in person." Peter winked.

Ava slapped his chest and we all laughed.

"If you don't mind me asking... Why are you going to see Niall if you broke up?" Ava asked politely.

"We're trying to be friends. It's hard for me, considering he has a girlfriend... And I still love him." I blushed, again.

"That's so cute! I hope to two get back together." Ava cooed.

"I hope so too... But I don't see it happening. He's in love with his girlfriend and I can't do anything about that." I sighed.

"Only time will tell. If it's meant to be it'll happen." Ava said, looking at Peter at the end of her sentence.

Oh! They're dating?

Or trying too?

"You two should seriously date. Perfect couple right here." I grinned.

They smiled at each other and I felt myself getting jealous.

I wish Niall would look at me the way Peter looks at Ava.

You can see it in their eyes their in love.

They started talking and I decided to look out the window.

We sped past trees and other cars waiting to make it to their destination.

Rain drops began to splat against the window, and soon became more frequent. In a matter of seconds it was pouring rain, and flashes of lighting lit up the farm fields.

I noticed flashing lights ahead of us, signaling we were near a train track.

Lightning flashed across the sky, and I noticed there was a train coming towards us.

The bus wasn't slowing down, and neither was the train.

"Stop! Stop!" People at the front of the bus screamed.

There was a loud crunching sound, and I knew we had gone through the barrier.

Before anyone could say or do anything, an ear piercing crashing noise rang threw my ears.

My head smashed off the window beside me, and I felt my hand that was holding onto the railing, twist.

I winced in pain as I flew from my seat and onto the floor where my body smashed into a pole standing on the side of the bus.

Grabbing a hold of my stomach, I looked around at what was happening.

The front of the bus was completely gone. Rain fell on the bloody bodies of those who hit the nearest point of impact.

I saw a few peoples bodies were split in half, parts of their bodies scatter across the ground.

My good hand went to my pocket, my other one hurting too much. I grabbed my phone and called 911 and reported the accident. They told me ambulances, frietrucks, and cops were on the way.

I went to the back of the bus where Peter and Ava were unconscious.

My gaze shifted to my wrist, and I noticed my bone was sticking out. I nearly barfed at the sight.

My phone was still in my hand, so I decided to call Niall.

I dialed his number and he answered right away.

"Hey, Alex. You almost here?" His voice rang.

"I... The... Bus... Got... In... A crash..." I struggled to speak.

I lifted my shirt and looked at my stomach. It was turning purple and my ribs were sore. There was an open gash on my hip that was bleeding. I also felt blood dripping from my forehead.

"What!? Are you okay?!" Niall panicked.

"No... I... Meet... Me... At... The hospital." I managed to say.

I put my phone away and went over to the front of the bus.

I looked up at the second floor. There were people helping each other out of seats.

Lights flashed behind me and I saw the ambulance pull up, right when I blacked out.

Niall's POV:

I was in full on panic mode.

Alex called me and told me her bus had gotten in a crash, and to meet her at the hospital.

So, that's what I was doing...

I grabbed my wallet and ran outside to the street, and called for a taxi.

A yellow taxi pulled up in front of me and I told the driver to go to the hospital.

I hope Alex is okay.

(A/N): lmfao this suuuuucks.

I don't know if any of you know but there was recently a terrible bus accident in Ottawa. It was pretty close to my house, so I haven't stopped thinking about it. I decided to put the accident in here, and make it similar to the one that happened last week. R.I.P to all those who died that day.

Ava and Peter won't really be in this story again. They're from my friend Cora's story. You can check it out if you'd like. Her username is @Chardzc she'll comment in the comment area :)

I posted the prologue to my Larry fan fic that'll be coming soon. If you wanna check it out that'd mean a lot! :)

Thanks for reading guys :)

I love y'all! (No stalkero).

- Corrina the depressed muffin