Chapter Six

Alex's POV:

I stood frozen.

Why is he here?

"Alex... I- I... How are you?" Niall stuttered.

"Good. You?" I asked calmly.

"Pretty good."

"Awesome... So, uh... What brings you here?" I questioned, playing with my fingers nervously.

My heart was beating a mile a minute... As cliche as it sounds, Niall always knows how to get my heart racing.

"Aspirin." Niall blurted, holding up a bottle of aspirin.

I chuckled and shook my head.

He's still that same old goof ball I fell in love with.

"I meant why are you in Wilmington?" I smiled.

"Oh... Uhm... Demi wanted to come down here to celebrate my birthday at this new restaurant tonight." Niall said awkwardly.

"Oh cool... I'm glad you're happy with her." I said, trying to hold myself together.

"Yeah... Uh, h-have you found someone?" He asked, biting his bottom lip.

Why is he doing this to me? It's like he's trying to make me cry he's just so... Ah.

"Yes." I blurted without even thinking.

I swear for a second I saw a look of sadness appear in his eyes.

"Oh." Was all he said.

I nodded my head slowly, gripping tightly to the bottle of pain relief I had in my hand.

"Maybe you'd like to join us?" Niall suddenly asked.

"Sure. I can ask my boyfriend if he's up for it... Uhm, here's my number if you need to contact me." I handed him my 'business' card.

"I'll be sure to text you." Niall smiled.

I nodded my head smiled back.

Before I could blink, Niall had his arms wrapped around me in one of his famous Horan hugs.

My muscles tensed but soon relaxed as I rested my head on his shoulder.

God... It feels like so long ago I got my first Horan hug. What a long way we've come since then...

Flashbaaaaack :D

"Alrighty, Harry! Truth or dare?" I asked, shifting around in Niall's lap.

"Dare."

"I dare you to do a follow spree on Twitter." I dared him.

I know how badly I want him to follow me, and how bad other Directioners want him to follow them, so why not make him do a follow spree?

"K." Harry took on his dare, pulling out his phone and opening Twitter.

"What's your twitter name?" Harry asked me.

I blushed. Not again...

"Uhm.... @HugMeNiall77..."

"Ok." I heard Niall say before hugging me tight.

I sighed... Horan hugs really are the best...

"Why, thank you!" Niall said as everyone laughed at my comment.

End of flashbaaaaack

"It was great to see you again, Alex." Niall whispered in me ear.

"You too. I'll be seeing ya." I pulled apart from our hug, waving goodbye as I made my way towards the checkout.

As I was leaving the store, I turned around to take one last look at Niall.

He was fist pumping and skipping around the aisle.

I continued to stare, still walking towards the door when I tripped over absolutely nothing.

Landing flat on my bum, I groaned and stood up, rubbing my now very sore bottom and running to my car.

Niall's POV:

I marched through the hotel room with a sly smile still on my face.

My heart was still racing from seeing Alex again. I missed her so much!

"Here ya go." I handed Demi her pills.

She grabbed them from my hands and piped one in her mouth, washing it down with some water.

"We should probably get ready for dinner." I suggested, getting excited to go see Alex again.

I know it's wrong to be excited to see my ex girlfriend, while I have a girlfriend... But I can't help it.

"Okay." Demi said, smiling and running to the bathroom.

Pulling out my phone, I copied Alex's phone number from the card she gave me and sent a quick text to her.

To Alex:

Hey, Alex. It's Niall. I made reservations to have dinner at 6. The restaurant is Chez LaFleur. See you there! :)

As I sent the text, I remembered she was bringing her boyfriend with her...

I swear I felt my heart sink.

Maybe I can win her back.... Only time will tell.

Alex's POV:

I replied to Niall's text, saying he made reservations for six. That's only two hours...

Dialing Baylor's number, I pressed call and he answered on the third ring.

"Hello?" His voice rang in my ears.

"Hey, Baylor. If you don't mind... I could use another favor."

(A/N): Blurp.

K uh...

This is shit.