Chapter Five

Niall's POV:

"So, Niall! I was thinking you take us to this new hot restaurant a few hours out of town for your birthday! What do you think?" Demi babbled from beside me on the couch.

"Niall?" She smacked my chest, snapping me from my thoughts.

"Huh?"

"Are you even listening to me, Niall?" Demi asked, pulling away from me.

"Sorry... I'm just... Distracted." I frowned, not looking at her.

"Okay, well... As I was saying, I think we should go to this new restaurant a few hours away for your birthday. Make a little trip out of it... What do you say? We should leave like... Now." She said in a demanding way.

"Where is it?"

"Wilmington." She smiled.

That's where Alex is going to school!

"Yeah! Lets go right away! Lets go pack!" I said, suddenly getting excited.

Demi giggled as we ran up the stairs to pack our stuff.

Maybe I'll run into Alex... If only someone would tell me where she's going to school.

Alex's POV:

"Well, well... What do we have here?"

"Leave her alone, EveLynn." Arel stepped in.

"Shut up, Gaylord." EveLynn spat.

"Hey! Don't talk to him like that!" I stood up from my seat.

"Right! I came here to see you. The slut who dated Niall Horan." She pointed at me, making her minions laugh.

"And as far as I know, you're the lowlife loser who picks on everyone cause you want to feel like you're better than everyone. What a tragedy." I pouted my lip.

"Take it back." She growled.

"Why? Can't handle the truth?" I retorted.

"I said take it back!" She stomped her foot.

I shook my head, but soon regretted it when I felt her fist come in contact with my face.

~

"I can't believe I got punched on the first day." I groaned, taking the ice pack from Kassity.

"It's not your fault she's a snobby betch with a short temper." Kassity sighed.

I shrugged and placed the ice to my eye.

My phone went off and I got a text from dad.

From Daddy Tommo:

Hey, honey! How was your first day of school? Mum, Lea and I miss you very much! xo

I smiled and sent a reply.

To Daddy Tommo:

Hi daddy :) things are good I suppose. Made some new friends, and a new enemy! Tell mum and Lea I love and miss them! Same with you :) xx

"Hey, Kass... I think I'm going to go down to the drug store. Do you need anything?" I asked her.

She shook her head and I nodded, standing up and grabbing our car keys.

"Be back soon!" I hollered, shutting the door and leaving the building.

Niall's POV:

Demi and I had just arrived to our hotel. We checked in and I carried our bags up to our room.

I put down the bags with a huff as Demi sat on the bed, massaging her temples.

"Babe I've got a terrible headache. Do you mind running to the drug store to grab some aspirin for me?" She asked, a slightly whiny tone to her voice.

"Of course. Be back soon." I mumbled, leaving the hotel room.

I got in the car and thought of the conversation I had with Louis and Eleanor last night...

Flashback

"I'm sorry, Niall... I just don't think it's a good time for her to see you again. She's starting school, and having you back could stress her out and distract her from school." Eleanor sighed, running a hand through her long brown hair.

"Please! I need to apologize to her..." I begged them.

"Niall... I'm sorry, but for the sake of my daughter... No." Louis shook his head.

I nodded my head, turning towards the door and leaving.

I'll find her one way or another. I can feel it.

End of flashback.

I pulled into the parking lot, pulling my jacket close to my body as the winter wind blew, raising goosebumps on my skin.

The bell went off as I opened the door, rubbing my hands together as I searched for the medicine aisle.

Finally, I found it and searched for the aspirin, when I accidentally bumped into someone. She fell her bum, yelping as she did so.

"I'm so sorry!" I apologized, helping her up.

"It's fine." She brushed off her clothes, then looked up and met my eyes.

Those eyes... The eyes I missed staring into.

"N-Niall?" She sputtered.

"Alex?" I breathed.

(A/N): dun dun dun