Chapter Twenty Three ⎯⎯ Avoiding the Shadow King

After many months, I gift you with a terribly late chapter! Sorry I wasn't able to publish it after such a long period of time. But honestly, I don't think this is the longest I haven't updated. If you read my bio you can also see that I warned you guys that I don't have an official updating schedule... ENJOY!

(Mika's POV)

My hands are clammy in anticipation.

I could feel their eyes burning my skin.

I attempt to gulp down my nerves, but it seems they would not calm down.

Why?

How?

Was it too late?

"Aw, I give up! You win!"

I slam my fist on the table before I hear snickers come from my prosecutors.

"Oh shush, Neko. Don't make me throw you outside without your cloak on!" I grumble.

I grin as he and the other members of the Black Magic club visibly stiffen at my threat.

"Whose idea was to have a stupid staring competition with a doll anyway?!" I continue to shout in exasperation.

"If I remember correctly, it was yours," I hear Reiko's quite voice answer, much to my dismay.

I puff out my cheeks and try to hide my blush in the darkness of the Black Magic clubroom.

"Can you blame me? I'm so bored and you guys don't want to do anything." I glare at the small huddle across the room that sat doing nothing but writing curses and attempting to capture souls.

Both Neko and Reiko expectingly doesn't reply. I let my head fall onto the lace material that covered the table I sat at and stare at the curse doll in front of me. It's been a week since the event at the resort and I haven't spoken to Kyoya since. Haruhi told me about what had happened on their side of the rest and I did not feel like explaining everything to him. What was I supposed say? I'm sorry for pretending to lose my memory, faking my death, and lying to you about my heritage? Yeah, no.

At least for now...

Although, I do feel bad for him. Even when I act like I don't notice it, he has attempted to confront me about the topic a couple times this week. It's only been a week since we had visited the resort and even I don't know how I've been able to keep up my act for this long. I would also be confused if I had seen a person snatched up in the air by my brother and cousin before I could even get two words out.

In the meantime, I've reunited with my long lost friend, Neko, and visited the Black Magic club. Although, again, I didn't know anyone but Neko and Reiko in the club. Reiki was the second Black Magic club member I met. It was rather interesting to see a person peaking out from every corner staring out you from the shadows. I finally gave in and confronted her. Ever since that day, we've became friends.

"Miso, aren't you suppose to be in your own club right now?" Reiki questioned.

Before I could answer, a sound buzz came from my coat pocket. I brought out my phone and found that I got a text from my brother.

[Club is over! Meet at the court yard. (You know which one) \^_^/]

I smiled at the message.

"Looks like Club is over! See you guys tomorrow!" I cheer, standing up from where I sat.

"Was that Mitsukuni-san?" Reiki questioned with sparkling eyes.

I giggle at her expression. During the time I spent with her, I learned that she had a crush on my brother. I promised I would not tell him, but that did not stop me from teasing her about it. She blushed and looked down at her hands.