Chapter Sixteen ⎯⎯ Ranka

I guess you could say this is just a filler chapter :P -R.R.

(Mika's POV)

My eyes stared wide eyed at the situation around me. Ranks, Haruhi'a father, was fawning over me while I wore a dress and my wig was on the floor across the small apartment building, for my long blue hair was tied into pig tails.

"Oh my gosh, Mika you look so pretty! You look so good looking dress as a boy and a girl!" Ranka gushed looking at me with sparkling eyes.

"I've got to admit Mika, you do look really pretty." Haruhi'a agreed with a smile.

I just blushed and laughed akwardly. I guess I should start from the beginning...

(1 Hour Before)

I stood anxiously beside Haruhi as I stared at the door in front of me. I didn't know why I was so nervous, but with Haruhi's exact anxious expression as mine, it made me even more anxious.

"Miso, before we go in I have to warn you. My dad can be...protective of me and since he doesn't know you're a girl. But since I him about you ahead of a time, he didn't do anything. What shocked me was that he actually liked you. I had to promise him to bring you here again." Haruhi warned me.

"O-Oh, really?" I gulped. I didn't know if that was supposed to be a good thing or a bad thing.

"Just be cautious. I don't know what will happen when we go inside." Haruhi sighed.

She pulled out her house key and unlocked the door. We stepped inside.

"Dad I'm home!" Haruhi called out.

"Haruhi, you're back! And look you even brought your friend along!" Haruhi'a father shouted in greeting.

My eyes widened at the view in front of me. There stood a woman, or so I thought, dressed in a fancy shirt, skirt, and heels smiling wide at us. In my head I compared the image of Haruhi's father in the morning and the image of him in front of me. Did not see this coming.

"Yeah, you made me promise to bring him." Haruhi sweat dropped.

"It's nice to meet you again, Mr.Fujioka." I greeted with a short bow.

"Oh no need to be formal! Come and sit, I'll make some tea." He said guiding us to a small table on the floor.

"Dad I thought you had to work today?" Haruhi said looking at him with a strained smile.

"I took the day off! Now sit by your friend as I make the tea." He replied walking in the kitchen.

"Wow you weren't kidding when you said he liked me." I chuckled sitting down next to the table.

"Yeah." Haruhi sighed sitting down next to me.

"When do you think we shocked tell him...you know..." I mumbled.

"I don't know. Maybe we should wait a bit. We did just get here." She answered.

I nodded in agreement and we waited for Haruhi's dad to finish making the tea. We were talking about random stuff about the host club and telling each other more about ourselves before Ranka walked out of the kitchen with a tray of tea and cups.

"Here we are! Now Haruhi, aren't you going to introduce me to your friend?" He smiled, setting down the tray on the table.

He sat down across the table from his and gave us an ecstatic smile. We each pour ourselves some tea and sat in silence. Haruhi and I looked at each other from the corner of our eyes before smiling nervously.

"Dad this is my friend, Miso Ootori, wego to school together. Miso, this is my dad Ranka." Haruhi introduced with a sigh.

"It's good to see you again Mr.Fujioka." I smiled.