Chapter 29: The End

OK, so I'm sorry that this chapter is short. I wanted to let you know that I have another story in progress. It deals with a student/teacher relationship so check that out. Enjoy the story!

Kira POV:
"

Dad."

He just stared at me and then he turned around and walked away. My eyes began to water and Luke grabbed my hand and he called Kari and we went home. I didn't say a word for the rest of the day.

It was finally Friday and we just finished unpacking. Luke was in the kitchen cooking dinner and I had just put the kids down for a nap.

"Dinner should be ready in a hour.", he said and I nodded. I bit my lip and I felt him grab my shoulders.

"What's wrong?"
"I'm scared."
"Of what."
"We've been through so much. What if there's another...", I began, but drifted off after realizing what was about to come out my mouth.
"Another what?"
"Another Cara.", I whispered.

He went silent for a minute. He looked as if he was going to cry.

"I-I'm sorry. I shouldn't said anything."
"No, don't be sorry. I'm sorry that I cheated on you. I'm in love with you. Please believe me when I say that It'll never happen again.", he said while grabbing my hand and kissing my forehead.

I crashed my lips against his and straddled his lap and wrapped my arms behind his neck.

"Kira."
"Yes?"
"Promise me you won't leave me again."
"I promise."