Chapter 16: Shouldn't Came Back

Luke POV:

I walked away from the slut in front of me. I heard her calling after me, but I didn't stop. I kissed Kari and left. I drove to Justin's house and walked right in.

"Luke, what are you doing here?"
"You fucked the mother of my child and never told me."
"She didn't want to hurt you, Luke."
"Why didn't you tell me?"
"Look, man. I ran into Kira and I saw that she was pregnant and I asked who the father is and she made me promise not to tell anyone if she told me. I said OK and I gave her a ride home and she told me everything. About how you are the father and how she lied to you and how she was sober. We exchanged numbers and we kept in touch. A few weeks later, I stopped by and I found her on the floor and she almost relapsed. I talked her down and..."
"And what?"
"I kissed her and then we had sex and that's the last time I ever seen Kira. I went back to her house, the next weekend and all her stuff was gone. It was like she never existed."
"You should've told me."
"I know. I'm sorry, man."
"I don't know what to do."
"What happened?"
"We were talking about having sex again while she's pregnant-"
"She's pregnant. Why didn't you tell me?"
"Me and you don't really talk much...since mom passed."
"Yeah. We should. I wanna meet the baby. Wasn't it a girl?"
"Her name's Kari. She's amazing. She looks like a mixture of Kira and Mom."

I pulled out my phone and showed him a picture of me, Kira and Kari.

"She looks just like her."
"How about you come by my place this weekend?"
"That'll be cool."

We said our goodbyes and then I went back to Kira's house. Kari was in the living room watching TV. I went to Kira's room to find her on the bed crying.

"Baby, I'm so sorry. I was angry. But, I-I talked to my brother."
"You did?"
"He told me everything, baby."
"I'm sorry. Luke, I'm sorry. But we weren't together and I can't change the past."
"Kira, I don't want to wait any longer to get married to you."
"I know baby. Just a few more weeks."
"Can we move it up a little bit?"
"Sure. When did you have in mind?"
"This Saturday."
"Luke, are you serious?"
"Kira, I've never been this serious about anything."
"Ok. We're getting married this Saturday."
"I'm going to make some calls. I'll be back."

Kira POV:
I'm getting married Saturday! I'm excited, but I was worried if Luke was still angry with me.

Okay, I know this is shorter than usual, but wasn't really feeling this chapter at all, but it's whatever. Next chapter will be the wedding chapter.