Chapter 13 (Kyle story)

Kyle P.O.V

“I am different than the rest of them, I actually volunteered for Alic to make me this way” I said as I noticed her eyes widened in shock.

“why? I don’t get why you wanted to go through that torture” she said shocked

“yeah I know it sound horrible but I had my reasons, I was weak and I wanted to be strong, I was bullied a lot and all I thought about is getting revenge, I was a kid I didn’t know what was I getting myself into” I said sarcastically, I looked at her and I saw compassion it’s the first time someone hears my story without being angry at my stupidity.

“So you found Alic?” she said trying to figure out more.

“Kind of, it’s more like he found me, I was in an alley bullied like always and he chased them away, it was the first time someone defend me, I was 14 at that time and I felt indebted to that guy, so I gave him my number and thanked him and asked him if he needed help in anything I would help him” I stopped then looked at her clearly wanted to know more.

“then, what about your family” she encouraged me to continue.

“I only had my mom, my father died long time ago or that’s what my mom say, she was struggling to pay for our food and my school so when Alic told her that I will join military school then I will join the army, after 4 years and that’s when I ran away I came back to look for mom but people said she moved after her son died in a war in Iraq” I saw her eyes widened.

“oh, I am sorry” she said with sympathy.

“you don’t need to apologize it’s not like she is dead” I said.

“did you look for her?” she said looking at my eyes curious.

“actually I didn’t because I thought she will be safe this way” I said as I sat across from her on the table, she grabbed my cold hand in her warm hand and smiled warmly at me, I felt my heart pumping in my ears, I took my hand at the sound of someone clearing his throat, I turned and I met Liam gaze.

“hi kiddo you should go and rest now” he said looking at her angry.

“who are you calling kiddo here, you are only 2 years older than me, so don’t you dare call me a kiddo again” she stood up angry then suddenly she grabbed her head like she is in pain, I wanted to reach her but Liam was faster I was shocked at how he held her with tenderness like he wasn’t arguing with her a second ago.

“are you alright” he said concerned.

“I think the medicine making me dizzy” she obviously lied, she looked like she had a horrible headache.

“I’ll take you to the sofa so you can rest” Liam said

“no I have to call my parent, they must be worried because I was out for 2 days” she said as she pushed him gently

“have you thought about what you’re going to say?” he asked as he held her shoulder.

“no I don’t know what to say, I just want them to know that I am fine” she said still rubbing her forehead.

“well, don’t rush it and rest now” I said then they both looked at me like I just came.

“ok, I’ll rest but I’ll call them tomorrow” she agreed then she walked away from Liam hold, still griping her head.

She walked like two step then she fainted Liam caught her before she hit the floor like he anticipated her to fall.

“this girl have a habit of fainting” he whispered  almost to himself.

“I’ll go get Aiden” I said as Liam carried her to the sofa.