Chapter 34 (stuck )

Liam P.O.V

we stopped finally, the car was on its side wrecked totally and glass is everywhere, I backed a bit to check on Beth, she had couple of scratches on her arm but her overall look was good.

 “Beth open your eyes we are fine” I said to her, she was shacking violently, she opened them slowly, she looked terrified as she noticed the state of the car “we are fine” I assured her again, she said nothing instead she hugged me tightly I felt her on the edge of crying “let’s get out” I said to distract her.

She let go of me and when she saw her hand it was covered in blood “oh god you are bleeding!” she said turning hysterical, she tried to look at my back but she couldn’t, then she tried to un buckle and it was stuck.

I held her hand stopping her “calm down, it’s nothing I don’t feel pain at all, probably scratches”  I said smiling.

She took her hand and tried to open the belt “no it’s probably the adrenaline, if I just can get this open” she said focusing again on the belt.

I held the belt and took it off of its place, she looked at me with wide eyes “here you go, first will get out then will discuss my major injury” I said cheerfully.

I stood and reached for my door and pulled myself out then I took her hand and I pulled her slowly, she clearly couldn’t do anything because of the trauma, she couldn’t stand by herself, I set her on car side which was the top now, then I jumped then helped her to her feet I walked with her to the side of the road.

“let me check your back” she immediately said bringing me down beside her, I turned to let her see, I heard her gasp once she saw my back.

“what is it” I asked.

“there is a huge piece of glass at the center of your back, I wonder how you didn’t feel it wait I’ll try getting it out” she said then I turned fast.

“wait, wrap something on your hand first” I tried taking my jacket out carefully then I started feeling shooting pain increasing gradually.

“ok, I am no expert so if it hurt tell me” she said as she covered her hand with the gloves that were in her pocket.

I gave her my back, I felt her take a deep breath, she wasn’t scared of seeing blood she just cared about helping me “do it fast” I said to her.

“I’ll try cutting your shirt little bit so I can get a clear look” she tried tearing the shirt slowly but it was hard for her.

“just pull the glass, it’s ok” I said to her, she held the glass and I felt her hand shacking so I moved forward fast and the glass was out but with a huge price, I started bleeding with a sharp pain starting from my shoulder down my spine.

“why did you do that? It must be hurting like hell” she said angry.

I chuckled “I am super soldier I don’t feel pain” I lied.

“why your brow crossed if you are not in pain” she said crossing her arm.

I stood up “it’s fine babe” I said and she blushed “what? did I say something” I said as I held my ground.

“no, it’s just you were strict like an old man it’s refreshing to hear you say babe for the first time” she replied.

“well it’s refreshing to see you smile too, let me get my cellphone and something to cover you with” I said as I noticed the weather getting colder, I kissed her forehead and headed to the car, I got our things out.

even in this situation she manage to pull a smile I thought as I walked to her “here” I said handing her bag to her, I tried calling aiden but there was no cell reception “damn it” I said angry as I sat beside her.

“what’s going on?” she asked worried.

“there is no cell reception, were stuck here” I said upset.

“it’s fine we are together, beside they will notice us missing” she said confident but she sounded concerned and i don't blame her we are almost in the middle of nowhere and cars rarly took this route.