Chapter 38 (new people)

Liam P.O.V

After I left her hand slip on mine I walked away and I barely made it out without crashing in front of all those people, once I was out of the hospital I fell to my knee on the snow, my breath raging trying to block my aching heart.

I thought I managed shutting my emotion, guess I am wrong this pain was unbearable, knowing that she is crying now and alone made me want to kill myself for doing that to her, I even didn’t had the chance to tell her that I love her on the opposite I told her that she was just like a sister, she must be breaking now thinking she would die alone.

“I can’t leave her now, especially in this state” I said to myself, I will talk to her mother, I would stay by her side until she is cured and if there is a chance for us to be together I would definitely take it.

I wiped the tears that was streaming on my face and my courage started to build up, I ran back thinking that I just want to hug her tightly and apologize.

When I got there I saw her get inside with the doctor, I walked fast and reached the door and cracked it open and heard the doctor say in an Indian accent “I’ll keep it short, your brain is perfectly fine and healthy and have no traces of tumor, here is the result of all the check-ups”, I was happy to hear that I wanted to get inside but I froze when I remembered what I promised myself about, I said I would stay until she is cured and she is cured now.

Remembering that I went back to the black hole again, this time it was worse, I heard her getting up without saying anything, she took the file and I walked away so she wouldn’t spot me, she must be happy to know that, I will not let her feel sad when she sees me.

I saw her heading for the toilet, why isn’t she going to her parents I thought as I came close to the toilet and then I heard her sobbing, I was about getting in when someone caught my hand, I glared at that person, he had a bit of a gangster look with the piercing in his ear and the tattoo showing on his neck but he was wearing a black tux.

“men toilet is at that side” he said in rough voice of an 40 years old man but he was the same age as me maybe a year younger.

“I know” I said trying to get pass him and he caught my hand again so I yanked his hand “what’s your problem?” I asked annoyed, I took a breath and calmed myself so my powers don’t get loose.

He chuckled “I think the madam told you clearly to stay away from her daughter, and I heard you say your goodbyes earlier, so why ruining everything?” he said as he looked at his nails as a sign for me to get lost.

I was irritated “whoever you are, it is clearly none of your business” I said getting myself ready to fight him.   

“it is my business, since I’ve been hired to protect her” he said reeking confidence, which ironically he didn’t seem much of something but who knows, you can’t judge a book from it’s cover.

“you definitely know who I am, I will not harm her “ I said clearing things.

“you already did, now I’ll prevent a farther damage” he said half smiling, like he is enjoying defying me.

“ok let’s see if you are qualified for that?” I said angry “come outside with me” I pointed for him to follow me but he didn’t move a step.

“I am not in the mood to play games with you” he said sighing.

I jolted to him and held him from his neck, he was my height so I couldn’t get him farther from the ground, he didn’t seem surprised rather he seemed amused, so I let my eyes glow to scare him and he suddenly pinched my arm with something and my hand fell beside me paralyzed.

I was shocked so I tried to react fast but he was faster and he pinched me on the neck, which got me falling to the ground un able to move and with a horrible pain in my spine.

He crouched to my side “is that enough proof to you?” he said then he reached his hand to my neck and removed whatever he placed there, and I gained my power to move “ get lost she is going out now” he said looking back at the toilet door.

I felt ashamed of myself, I can’t go back to Beth’s life until I am able to protect her, I couldn’t control or use my powers and that’s what got her to be in trouble “listen this is not over I’ll come back for her and I am going to protect her, until then you better do your job well” I said threatening him as he got up, he offered his hand to help me up but I ignored him and stormed out before she witness my humiliation.

I saw her get out and when she noticed him waiting for her he smiled at her and offered his hand, introducing himself and with that I left, this time not forever as I planned but until I get stronger.  

one more chap to the final one, i decided i will end it on the 40 chap ^^