Chapter 49: The proposal

Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I've been sick (still am) and my grandpa came to visit :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Axel

We got the ring and I am currently trying to find a place to put it because Skylar called Jaz and said that everyone is coming over here. Her parents did a good job of keeping her there which I am greatly thankful for.

"She's here!" Stephan called out.

"Did you hide the ring?" Carter asked me.

"Ya. I put it behind some of the baby presents she got." I said pointing to it.

"This is gonna be awesome. She'll be so surprised." He laughed.

"I'm hoping." I smiled.

The door creaked open and in walked Skylar and her parents. All of her old pack members were already here helping set up for Asher's party.

"Hey Axel." She smiled at me and gave me a kiss.

"Hey." I kissed he back and she handed me Asher. "Hey Asher. How's my little stud muffin?"

"He's gonna get all the ladies." Mark said laughing.

"But he's gonna be respectful to them." Skylar said sternly. The guys looked at each other and laughed. Skylar cleared her throat and put her hands on her hips in her usual I-dare-you-to-challenge-me type of way. The guys quickly stopped laughing and nodded their heads. "He's gonna be respectful and wait for his mate."

"Yes." Mark said quietly. She smiled at his answer and nodded. I laughed and handed Asher back to her.

"Now that you are here, lets eat." I smiled.

"Finally!" Both sets of twins yelled.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"The food was excellent mom." Skylar said.

"Thankyou sweetie." Her mom beamed back smiling.

"Presents for Asher!" I shouted taking him from Skylar.

"I'll go get them." She said walking over there.

"What about the ring?" Carter asked me.

"He placed it behind the very last one." Jaz said for me.

"Ya. I want most of this night for Asher. Then at the very end is when she will find the ring." I said. They nodded and then Skylar walked in.

We spent about 20 minutes later, we were down to the last one. She picked up the present and the ring box. Everyone looked at me with knowing smiles and I couldn't stop smiling myself.

She put the present down and looked at the ring box and opened it. "You guys do know that Asher is a gu-oh my gosh." She stopped talking when her eyes landed on the ring and she covered her mouth with her free hand. She looked up at me and I smiled widely at her.

I got up and walked over to her. I took the box from her hand and took out the ring while getting down on one knee. Tears started forming in her eyes and I took a deep breath. Me saying I was nervous, was a complete understatement.

'Come on Axel. I can do this.' I told myself.

"Skylar, I love you so much. I want to spend the rest of my life with you and Asher. I love you both so much and I want to wake up to you every morning and see our baby boy grow up. I love you both with all my heart and I could never replace either of you. You are my sunshine, my love, my world, my everything. Skylar Jones, will you please marry me?" I asked hopefully.

Her mouth fell open and she stood there speechless with tears coming out. I chuckled with she opened her mouth and nothing came out. "Soooo....?"

She tried again but nothing came out so she just nodded her head frantically. "Yes." She finally whispered.

I stood up and slipped the ring on her finger and pulled her in for a kiss. She wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled me close. "I love you." I whispered in her ear.

"I love you too." She smiled.

"Woohh!!!! Wedding time!" Her mom yelled.

Skylar groaned and buried her beat red face in my chest. "Mom...."

"What. I'm happy. I'm a grandmother and I'm gonna plan a wedding."

"Oh my gosh." Skylar laughed.

"Calm down honey. You will have plenty of time to plan for the wedding." Her dad laughed at her mom.

She huffed but reluctantly nodded in agreement.

I picked up Asher from his new crib that we put together. "Mommy and daddy are getting married." I smiled. He laughed and clapped his hands. "And you are gonna wear your very first tux. All the girls are gonna be at your feet."

Asher smiled again. "He has your smile." Skylar said kissing my cheek and walking over to the cake.

I turned back to Asher staring at the cake. "You might be a big brother soon." I whispered to him.

"I heard that!" I heard Skylar yell from the kitchen.

"I don't know what you are talking about!" I shouted back to her.

"Whatever." She laughed.

"Come on Asher. Lets go get some dessert." He clapped his hands.

We walked into the kitchen and I grabbed a piece of cake for the both of us. Skylar went to go reach for him probably to feed him but I shook my head. "This night is all about you and Asher. Relax and talk to your friends and family. Let me worry about Asher. Me and the guys got this."

"That's what I'm afraid of." She teased back. I playfully glared at her as she walked out of the living room and into the other room where the girls are.

"Tomorrow. It's gonna be you, me, and the guys. We will give mommy and her friends some money for a spa day." I said to him.

"I'm in for that!" The twins said.

"And we want to spend some time with our nephew." Spencer said.

"We can buy him some clothes. Oh my gosh I sound like a girl." Austin said looking traumatized.

We laughed and patted his back. Maybe things will turn out differently. But the problem will come back when Skylar and I have our second child. But I don't care. I'm gonna protect our children with my life.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
They are getting married!!!!!!!!!! FAN GIRL MOMENT!!!! Sorry haha :)

And sorry it took so long to update. I'm sick and my grandpa visited.

Keep reading, keep commenting, keep voting, and keep fanning :)

Love you all!!

S.W.