Chapter 26: Keep quiet

Skylar

I got up to my room and laid down on my bed. 'Skylar. Please, I'm sorry.' I heard Axel mind-link me.

'Just leave me alone right now.'

'Okay.' He sounded disappointed. I laid in bed for about 2 hours. I got up and headed out the front door because I was bored and my body felt stiff.

"Luna. You can't-" a guards started to say.

"I don't care. Tell Axel when he gets here to suck it."

"O....kay?"

"Thanks."

I started walking around until I got to a small clearing.

'Why is he hiding stuff from us?' I asked my wolf.

'I don't know. Maybe he's protecting us.'

'I don't care! We can protect ourselves. I hate how he hides things from us. We have a right to know. This is about us you know!'

'I know, I know. But he's our mate. He doesn't care if we can protect ourselves, he's gonna wanna keep us from danger any chance he gets.'

'Well he needs to stop. I wouldn't have been mad if he just told me.'

'I know. I'm pissed too Skylar. So, you're not alone.' Ugh! I laid back down and took a little nap for about half an hour. I woke up suddenly when I heard a rustle by the bush to my right. I turned my head and saw Stephan. "Hey." I said to him.

"Hey. I'm pretty sure you already know why I'm here Skylar."

"Tell Axel to shove it. I'm not going back. And he can't make me." I said and closed my eyes again.

"Oh Skylar." He laughed. "May I sit with you?"

"Of course."

"Skylar, he was just trying to protect you. You do know that right?"

"We'll he needs to stop. I can take care of myself. He treats me like a freaking child Stephan!"

He put a hand on my shoulder and laughed. "Skylar. He's only doing that because he loves you and cares so much about you. Your his mate, and a Luna. He couldn't live with himself if he found out you got hurt."

I looked up and laid there for a minute before answering. "I just wish he would have told me instead of hiding it."

"It's okay. He probably had a reason."

"Okay. Can you please tell me what Tyler is planning?"

He sighed. "Are you sure you want me to tell you?"

"Yes. I'm sure."

He nodded. "Tyler is planning an ambush sometime soon. But alpha Axel doesn't know when. All they told him was that Tyler was planning an attack soon to get you. And he doesn't care on who he kills or hurts and how he does it. He is just determined to get you back."

"What? Really?"

"Ya. That's what he was talking about. He even doesn't care if he hurts you, he just doesn't want you dead. He wants you to be his Luna and mate."

"Oh wow. But, what about the pack, the kids, women, the men?! They can't get hurt because of me. I won't allow it."

"There's nothing you can do Skylar. Besides let these two packs go to war. Axel will do anything to keep you safe and away from him."

"I know. But this can't happen. I'm not letting anyone die because of me."

"He doesn't care. He is gonna go to war with Tyler's pack to protect you. War is the only way."