Jack Sees

Jack listened to the sound of Choca's deep, peaceful breaths.

"You asleep?" He asked.

In response her body became more flaccid, head slid off his shoulder and fell on his lap. He looked down at her head and sighed, "Girl, you must not know the dangers of falling asleep on me. You better be careful before you get raped...."

Choca didn't hear a word he said.

Jack sighed, then thought about what she said about 'the one'.

"Alison wasn't the one?" He asked aloud, "I thought she was...."

Jack's hand went to Choca's hair and started smoothing it back behind her ear. "Your hair is really soft." He murmured.

You gotta learn that the right one is who you vibe with the best.

Jack spent the next two hours watching the sky and Choca sleep peacefully on his lap. Even though his butt was numb he didn't move.

Jack just wanted to watch her sleep some more and found himself admiring her features. She's... beautiful.

She's-

Suddenly Choca's eyes flashed open, his hand froze as she shot up gasping.

Jack blinked in confusion.

"Hey? You okay?"

Choca turned to him, her eyes were a light shade of pink, kind of glassy.

"Jack?" She gasped. "Oh... oh... ok, I remember now." She held her head with her hand. "Man... I had the worst nightmare."

Suddenly, he remembered the text about her father. He realized that everyone had their own back story and he knew nothing about Choca. No one did.

"What was it about?"

She looked at him with her mesmerizing clear blue eyes. "Oh, uhm... don't worry about it. What time is it?"

"Is it about your dad?" Jack wanted to know, he didn't care if he was insensitive. Curiosity was eating at him and if he didn't figure it out what was going on inside of her head he would snap.

"Uhm, yeah. His funeral is this Friday, so my mom and I are going back to Texas."

"Oh.... in the text you said that you were afraid of him."

"Yeah, uhm, I was really emotional then so I was just saying stuff." Choca looked at him and gave him a small, torturous smile.

After a moment her fake smile slipped off her face, she stood up, "I gotta get to class."

"You sure?" He arched a brow as he stood up with her.

"I don't care if everyone hates me or calls me whatever." Choca said firmly, her eyes serious. "I never had many friends to begin with, 'whore' is just a new title, before it was 'weirdo'."

Choca suddenly smiled, her blue eyes narrowing just the slightest.

Jack's heart moved towards it.

Her smile was filled with a beautiful torment that he wanted to save her from. Her eyes were filled with pain, she couldn't completely mask it no matter how hard she tried. Inside Choca was suffering... like him, she was suffering but she put on a mask to show the world. He understood everything about her.

"Let's go." She said.

Choca turned, Jack reached for her wrist but just centimeters from grazing it he dropped his hand.

It was like seeing her in a new light.

You have to find someone who vibes with you.

Choca turned to him, dark brow arched.

Could she... be the one?

Or am I just high...?

Jack studied her.

She's beautiful. The way the light hit her caramel skin... she glows... she's beautiful... her blue eyes are clearer than the sky itself... she's beautiful. Her hair is soft and fine; it lifts with the wind... she's beautiful. Her body, her curves, the way she moves... it hides the pain of years of abuse. Just underneath the clothes she wears are the scars of an abusive parent. It hides the stretch marks of losing and gaining weight from stress. It cowers... it wants to hide from the rest of the world but today... today she shows it to the world. She may not know it but changing into those tight clothes she wants to be seen. She wants her pain to be seen by somebody. She changed not for herself but for the world. But she doesn't understand the meaning in her actions. But she's beautiful... Her smile... that fake smile that resonates with his own speaks to him. He wears it in front of those that don't understand. It begs to be understood, it begs to be heard, but the current world that they live in, the one that transcended high school is deaf to their cries. With those sexy, full, defined lips she's mute to the world... She's beautiful even still. Her soul... the dark soul that she keeps hidden away. The soul that she lets no one sees, the one that she uses anime to even hide from herself... that soul is tainted, but it holds beauty that's waiting to be freed.

She suffers, just like Jack. He understands her. He understands her darkness on a level that no one could understand. Not even Kale.

"Jack?" Her voice was lower, confused, unsettled.

"Yeah?" He finally answered, his voice low.

She searched his eyes, "What is it?"

Jack shook his head... yet deep down he felt something inside of him shift. This... this is what Kale sees.

"Well... let's go." Choca said.

Jack followed behind her, understanding her but confused to his feelings because deep down... even though he found something in Choca... he is still in love with Alison.