The Otaku and The Crazy: Prologue

A/N: Hey everyone! I'm back with the second installment of The Otaku and the Prince series. Sorry it's been taking so long for me to make this one, I've been plotting and planning away. Oh! And Also very, very soon I'm going to be publishing a book that I've been working on. But anyways, I'm back with the drama, love triangles, and of course anime. I'm going to be making a separate thing for this but I just wanted to post this little prologue until I get a cover and stuff up. But hope yall enjoy ;3!!!!!!!!!!

Prologue

June 7th 2015

I sat in the dressing room and quietly observed everything.

Mom was being fitted into her wedding gown. It was an ivory laced gown with a mermaid silhouette and an empire waist. Mom glowed, it was probably the happiest I've ever seen her. So happy that it was almost too surreal.

The door suddenly opened.

I turned to look at the new visitor. She crept in with a big smile on her pretty face, brown eyes bright and lined with makeup. Her chestnut colored hair was pinned to one side, styled in luscious curls that cascaded down her chest. She wore a strapless white gown with a jeweled waist.

Alison. My new step-sister; she was a few months younger than me but different in every shape and form. I observed her as she interacted with my mother, so happy and giddy, borderline annoying actually.

She's my new sister. I've never had any other family members and I didn't trust pretty faces like hers, much less ugly ones. So far she hadn't been hostile to me, more like I was the hostile one. All my life I've only known people for the masks that they wore and Alison was no different. The persona she created had everyone fooled, but there was something about her that was off.

Although, I soon forgot about this thought as the day continued and my mind was occupied by the turmoil inside of me. My mother was getting married to the man she had met online and my father was somewhere back in Texas rotting in a lonely apartment. I tried to force my thoughts on the current happiness in front of me but my second consciousness was constantly whispering.

I stood in front of the crowd stiffly, trying to force a smile as the maid of honor but it just felt strange and the dress I wore was suffocating. As the time stretched even longer I became more agitated; my heel started to tap impatiently. I, along with everyone else, waited for my mom to walk down the aisle.

Beside me, Alison was beaming. Why is she always smiling?

I glanced at her, frowning. She was focused on something, or rather someone, in the crowd. I followed her line of sight and found them on a boy. He was about our age; I'd seen him hanging around Alison for the past two days too. He was tall with dark hair and dark blue eyes that were also trained on Alison.

I sighed and turned away, wishing this day would end already.

When the time came for mom to walk down the aisle I smiled. I let out a relieved sigh and smiled. The atmosphere lifted; the energy was beautiful and light, a foreign feeling I've rarely felt filled me, and for the first time in years I could honestly say that I was happy for her

*** 

Consciousness returned to me, snatching me out of my dream.

I inhaled deeply, then released a shaky breath as I opened my eyes. My lids were heavy, I almost closed them again but a voice roused me.

"Choca... can you hear me?"

The voice was familiar. I grumbled and attempted to blink the hazy film blurring my vision... oh, wait... glasses. I need my glasses. As I reached out weakly I couldn't help but feel as if something were off. For one, half my face felt numb but my head pulsed a little and I was super drowsy.

"Choca?"

My hand closed on my glasses just as I heard the voice again. I fitted the glasses over my eyes and everything came into focus.

The first thing I noticed wasn't the sterile scent in the air, nor the white walls, or the monitor beside me, and the IV needle stuck in my arm. None of that. No, the first thing I noticed was a very handsome boy with chestnut colored hair and heterochromia blue-brown eyes.

His name was pulling at the debts of my memory.

"Choca? Hey, are you okay?" The boy asked again, his brows knitted with worry.

Who is he? Where's my mom? My mind was running but my lips were sealed shut. Nothing was making any sense and there was a void in my memory, something is wrong. I tried to speak but my mouth felt like it had balls of cotton in my mouth. Kinda disgusting actually.

"Hey, don't try and stress yourself too much, just relax." He smiled, "I'm going to get the doctor, okay?"

The boy stood up and gave me one lasting look before hurrying out of the door. I turned my stiff neck to the side to look out the window. Dark clouds covered the sky giving and the trees swayed. My head thudded suddenly, I winced from the sudden pain.

The door suddenly opened and the boy came back with a man in a lab coat. The old man had deep wrinkles set in his face, so much that his cheeks even sagged a little. His wispy salt-and-pepper hair was smoothed back; green eyes that had lost its color focused on me. He came over to inspect me and ask me questions but it was difficult to talk. Meanwhile, the boy was standing behind the doctor, arms crossed, dark brows knitted.

Something was wrong... why does everything seem wrong?

No... there should be someone else... should be... I don't know.

My mom's wedding... the boy, the one with the blue eyes...? 

But? 

My head started to hurt again. 

I... I can't remember anything.