A Message from Dad?

Alison's smile dropped fast as soon as she saw us.

"What are you guys doing?"

What she saw: Me, standing against the wall holding wrist, breathing hard, face probably flushed. Jack standing a few feet away, hands in pockets, shirt completely un-tucked, smiling innocently.

"Nothing." We both said at same time.

Okay, check for suspicious.

I glared at him, cleared my throat and started to move across the room to go back to my room. I didn't dare say what just happened, Jack had to much on me. Alison whipped out her hand to grab my arm. "Are you okay?"

I shook her off. "I'm fine!"

Alison wasn't stupid, I knew that she knew something happened so she turned her glare to Jack.

"You better not be starting shit again. I won't deal with your bullshit."

Jack's smile twitched, "I wasn't, darling."

"I told you not to call me that anymore." Alison seethed. "Get out."

Jack tried to laugh it off. When he came up to her he gave her a big bear hug. "Aww, you're just as cute as always."

"I said get out!" She snapped, pushing him off. "God."

Jack winked at her and then smiled at me, "See you ladies tomorrow."

Alison turned towards me, behind her back Jack licked his fingers then bit his lip. My eyes widened, in a deer in the headlight look. Alison turned to him fast but he already had his hand down and walking out the front door. 

Alison turned back to me. "What the hell?"

"I don't know. I'm going up to watch Kuroko." I needed to go now. I couldn't admit to her what happened... a sick, disgusting part of me was still turned on by the asshole and I was ashamed.

"Huh?" Then Alison shook her head, "I don't want to know. Why were you two alone?"

"Project."

Alison squinted, "It didn't look like a damn project."

"Whatever, I'm going up."

"Hold on." She rolled her eyes, crossed her arms, and stared me down. "Stay away from Jack. He's bad news-"

A nerve snapped, I think it was just because people kept telling me to stay away from others. "Yeah? So why did I catch you two having sex at his beach house?"

It finally came out.

Alison was shocked into silence, then started to stammer, her face red.

"Stop denying it." I crossed my arms. "I saw you two."

"You don't understand anything." She finally got out. "Just... just stay out of it! And what the hell, I hear you're messing around with Kale too!"

"What?" I screeched. "I wasn't!"

"You shouldn't be messing around with them!"

"Why because they're your exes?" I put two and two together.

Alison's jaw tightened, her eyes full of fury.

I challenged the look.

"It doesn't matter if I dated them or not."

"So why are you pissed that they're paying attention to me?"

Alison took a few steps away from me as if my words were acid. I could tell that I was hurting her but I continued. "That's not it. I just don't want to see you get hurt."

"I could care less about Jack, he's fucking crazy. Matter fact, I will stay away from him because of the fact."

"Good." Alison snapped. "Stay away from Kale too. I never should've introduced you to them."

Okay, she crossed the line. "You can't tell me to stay away from Kale."

"He's bad news, Choca."

"I don't care if your feelings got hurt by him, I'm not you."

Alison glared at me, "You don't know anything that happened."

I'm pretty sure steam was coming out of my ears as I yelled at her. "Unlike yall, I don't care about the past, it's the past for a reason!"

I stormed past her, done with the conversation.

"You'll get hurt." She called after me, so I flicked her off.

Jack I would stay away from, he's crazy!

Crap.

He's my project buddy.

I groaned, my phone went off and I double groaned. I checked the message.

See you soon, Chocalate ;)

No. Bye.

Jack didn't message back but I knew that he wasn't taking me serious. About twenty minutes into the show I forgot about what happened... well, I didn't forget but the anime was a good distraction. My phone vibrated, I checked it but instead of seeing Jack's name it was from my real dad.

I paused the show, my stomach already churning.

Hey sweetie, how are you?? I miss you and your mom...

I sucked my teeth.

Hi. We're fine.

... can I see you?

We're not in Texas anymore, you know that.

Please, just come see me. I really need you right now... you're my daughter and I love you. Please don't forget about me.

I can't.

I wanted to text something else... but even now I was afraid of the consequences. I could already feel the ghost of his fist on the side of my face.

Well... I'm glad you're safe. I love you.

Thanks.

Dad didn't message back after that. "Well that was weird." I sighed, put down my phone and rested my head on the pillow. My thoughts filled with Jack suddenly... how void his eyes were. It looked like he was going to hurt me for a second and that he didn't care.

To be honest, Jack sort of scared me. 

***

A/N: comment, vote, more coming your way !