Unique

It was a quarter 'till eight when I decided to take a break from Hellsing.

I stretched my body then went out my room, down the hall, and then downstairs. I heard the TV on in the living room and Alison talking. I paid no attention to it; reached under my t-shirt that read 'It's an Anime thing, you wouldn't understand' to rub my belly. My hair was loose and wild around my shoulders.

I entered the kitchen and went straight to the fridge. It was a double door stainless steel fridge (Alison's dad is an orthodontist specialist and is loaded). The fridge was full of food. I grabbed the leftover pasta mom had made earlier, since there wasn't much left I just grabbed a spoon, took a seat at the island table and started to eat.

Alison entered the kitchen and took a seat next to me. I didn't bother looking at her just said. "You're being awfully loud in there."

A deep, manly voice spoke to me.

"I apologize."

My head snapped to 'Alison', of course it wasn't Alison it was Kale.

Was it just me or was he popping out of nowhere lately?

"What are you doing here?" I nearly choked on the pasta.

Kale arched a dark brow, "You calm now?"

"What are you doing here?" I repeated.

"Oh, Alison invited us."

"Us?" I questioned, my eyes narrowing as I slid off the stool and got ready to sprint to my room in an ugly fashion. "Why? It's the first day of school! What is wrong with you people?"

Kale's lip quirked for a split second. "It's always like this. She likes to have us around."

"Clearly. But you guys don't have to be creeps and be around her 24/7." I shook my head and started to head to the arched opening. "Well I'm going, have fun with your freak party."

I turned my head over my shoulder to look Kale in the eyes but his eyes were instead... staring at my butt before quickly dragging up to meet mine. I was so flabbergasted at catching him staring at my ass that instead I started to blush madly. Kale gave me an innocent look like he did nothing.

I turned quickly and started making my way to the stairs until he caught up to me. I admit, I didn't expect him to actually follow me.

"Where you heading off to?"

My heart leap, "God! Stop following me, what is wrong with you."

"Nothing, really." He said playfully.

I wanted to slap him, I glared at him and seethed the words, "Go away."

"Why?"

"Che!" I snapped, "Go back to your character zone!"

Kale burst out laughing at that, "My character zone?"

"Yeah! You're supposed to be the dark, quiet, mysterious guy."

"Hmm, I am dark and mysterious but not so much as quiet."

"You're such a rip off."

"Here you go again."

"Stop harassing me human! I just want to be left alone to my anime."

"I bet your room is just as unique as you."

"You're point?"

"Can I see?"

I looked at Kale as if he had grown two heads. My eyes squinted hard.... Kale? Wants to see my room? A boy in my room.... isn't that against the rules? And where the hell was Alison? I swear if Jack is here to. Why? She's so freaking weird, like her damn friends. They're dysfunctional!

"Um. That's weird?"

Kale shrugged, "It would be if you were normal, but you're clearly not."

"The term is called Otaku," I huffed, crossing my arms.

"Oh, I apologize." But then as an afterthought added, "Aren't otakus those really creepy shut in fat boys in Japan that fondles with anime figurines?"

"Well I'm the american version. Got a problem with that?" I hope the dark aura tendrils that I was imagining surrounding my body made him shudder!

"Are we going up to your room or not?"

"What? No, there's no boys allowed upstairs."

"Please, I've been up and down these stairs more than you."

"Ha! I bet."

Kale's face twitched and turned dark. "Not like that." He said cliply. "I've been friends with Alison since we were born, our father's are close friends, and the room your using used to be our play room when we were toddlers."

"Che!" I began to stomp up the stairs. "I don't care! Do what you want."

I heard his footsteps behind me.

I opened the door to my room.

It wasn't to messy I hoped. I watched Kale's reaction closely, and frowned when I saw the corners of his lips twitching upward.

"Wow," said Kale, his voice rumbling with laughter. "It is unique."

"If you're going to make fun of my room then get out you heathen."

"I'm not making fun of it," he assured, but that smile said otherwise. "Seriously, it's different.... I can't even see the wall."

"I'm aware." I crossed my arms. "You done ogling my room?"

"No," He said and walked towards my bookshelf. I had two side by side and filled with mangas and DVDs on the left and a glass case of dolls on the other.

I tapped my foot impatiently but really I was nervous. Kale turned back to me, 'Cool."

"Cool?"

"Your room has a lot of personality, like you." Kale said as he took a step out of the door.

I didn't know whether to take that as a compliment or an insult. His eyes suddenly shifted to behind me, I turned back and saw Alison with her arms crossed and disapproval written on her face.

"What are you two doing?"

Jeez, she sounded as if we were having some kind of love affair, which we definately were not doing. Kale's personally switched again, he shrugged, and started walking past her.

Alison followed him with heated eyes before turning it back to me.

"What?" I snapped.

"The fuck are you doing?"

"Me?"

"Yeah, you, why are you showing him your room?" Alison shook her head angrily, "Wow, I didn't know you were like that."

I scoffed, "are you freaking kidding me?"

"You're showing the guy you 'hate' to your room? To do what?"

"He just wanted to see my room."

"Right."

My blood reached its boiling point then. "You know what Alison? How bout keeping your boys on a closer leash then if you don't like it."

I slammed the door afterwards.