First day of School

On the drive home I was quiet.

Everyone acted like everything was normal. Jack was joking about something, Kale was nonchalant and distant, and Beth and Alison were gossiping. Ria had decided to ride with Naruto and the twins.

Everything was painfully normal.

When I got home my eye flickered to Kale but he was staring hard out the window. I studied Alison and Jack but they avoided looking at each other and Beth started to flirt with Jack.

Alison smiled at me, "So you had fun?"

"Uhhuh." I said as we entered the house.

"Good." Alison smiled.

She had no idea that I saw them two. No idea at all.

Mom greeted us, asked us how it was, and then I was allowed to go to my room. I closed the door behind me and released a shaky breath. I smiled when I saw my messy anime theme room. Seeing my figurines made me smile. I went to my bed, the sheets had the major anime symbols (One Piece, Naruto, Fairy Tail, Code Gease, Soul Eater, Death Note, Bleach, Code Gease, KH Reborn, Dragon Balls, D-Gray man, Full Metal Alchemist, Attack On Titan- omg stop it) on it and my pillows matched it. I turned on my TV and started to watch Fairy Tail.

I wish I could just teleport in the show.

Get away from whatever this was...

***

My alarm went off at six thirty.

I groaned as I reached for Chopper's hat, felt the botton, pushed, and the alarm ceased. I groaned again all the way up to turning on my Soul Eater lamp. Light filled my room, I yawned, and started to tell everyone goodmorning.

Yes, I tell my damn miniature anime dolls 'morning', what of it?

I stood up, stretched, went to my dresser (it had tons of anime stickers on it), stripped, grabbed a plain black shirt, put that on, and then grabbed my Tokyo Ghoul joggers. I opened my shoe closet cus I just had so many anime printed shoes and grabbed my Tokyo Ghoul slip on shoes. It was too hot for a jacket, I couldn't wait until winter when I could show off my awesome hoodies.

I went to the bathroom next, peed, washed hands, face, then brushed my teeth with my Card Capture Sakura tooth brush, rinsed, then attempted to tame my frizzy hair. Eventually I just decided to put it in a messy bun, except when I did it it wasn't cute. Strands ate at my face but I didn't care. I pushed up my glasses, went back to my room, grabbed my Totoro bag and went to the kitchen where I smelt breakfast.

Mom was up cooking pancakes, eggs, gritz, and bacon. Randy was at the end of the table sipping coffee from his large 'Best Husband Ever' mug that mom had bought him.

He saw me first, and smiled. "Good morning, you look great for your first day." Randy said a little too enthusiastically.

"Thanks." I said, "I'm starting the year with Tokyo Ghoul."

"I have no idea what that is but I'm sure it's great." He grinned.

"It is." I took a seat and waited for mom to finish cooking.

Alison came in ten minutes later after breakfast was served. Her hair was still wet from her shower and she smelled so girly. Her long brown hair was scrunched up and she wore a mint blue crop top and high waisted white pants and a white cardigan.

"Good morning, everyone." She chirped, sitting down. Mom passed her a plate, "Thank you so much, ma."

Ma?

I rolled my eyes. I guess, Alison, I guess.

"You're welcome, sweetheart." Mom smiled. Randy suddenly got up and kissed mom on the cheeks.

"I have to go now darling, have a good day." Randy kissed her cheek again and she blushed. Ugh.

"Love you dear."

"Love you more."

"Aw, you two are just the cutest." Alison gushed, then ate a piece of bacon.

Randy left and mom started to clean his dishes. I finished my food and stood up.

"Choca, why do you have to wear that on the first day of school?" Alison frowned.

I gave her an evil look. "Why do you have to look like you need to impress everybody the first day of school?"

"Because I'm popular?"

"So vain!" I said but I was laughing a little, Alison was also wearing a smile.

"Well I'm off." I told them, shouldering my bag.

"Why don't you just ride with me?" Alison said, puzzled. "I have a car... you don't."

"I will soon." I told her, I did my research and turns out I can make money at home.

"You don't now."

"The school is literally a mile away, there is no point driving there." I didn't want to be seen with her to be honest. To much attention on the first day of school.

"You sure?"

"I'm sure." I said, already moving to the door. "Bye."

"Have good day at school!" mom called after me.

***

A new school, a new year.

Great. I frowned at my new school then sighed heavily. Stratford High, it was a large campus with three stories and several buildings. While everyone was buzzing with excitement I just scowled as I entered the buildings.

I should be watching anime.

Damn it!

I hate school.

Relax, this is your last year. You can do it. And hell no I'm not going to college. It was just a way the government stole money from us. It's really better to just go to a trade school, or get certifications. Unless you're getting a degree in a medical or technology field. But then again you can get certificates for technology.

A few people stared at me, probably admiring my awesome joggers. I know, I paid sixty dollars for them and my shoes were seventy. Totally worth it. I looked at my ugly pink schedule paper.

Homeroom: Mrs. Worthy, room 901

1st period (AP Calc.): Mr. King, room 25

2nd period (AP History): Mr. Donnelly, room 208

Lunch

3rd period (AP English): Dr. Knight, room 113

4th period (Psychology 101): Mrs. Janes, room 433

Why am I taking such 'hard' classes. Well, to me their not that hard (and mom forced me). I lied to Alison that day, I was in the top two percent. I could be number one but I skipped school alot. Technically I could get a full ride to a college of my choice...

My classes were a good distance from each other; meaning a lot of walking. "Ughhh." I groaned as I headed to my homeroom class. I finally found the stupid room seven minutes after the late bell.

When I opened the door a very old, mean lady scowled at me, looking me up and down. "I understand it is the first day but ten minutes is just ridiculous." She glowered at me.

I held back an eye roll. I wanted to say, actually its been seven minutes and your room is all the way on the freaking third floor. But I didn't of course.

"Take a seat somewhere." She ordered.

What a biiiitch.

I turned to look at my new homeroom classmates. All of them stared at me, some with arched brows, others whispering and looking me up and down. Yup, they are jealous.

Besides all the staring though my eyes latched onto the blue ones in the back.

Kale.