That's when It's Love

We were on the school roof.

The double doors had been locked but Jack whipped out a key ring with like- twenty keys on it (God knows where he acquired it from) and unlocked the door.

"It's a little breezy." Jack said as he opened the doors.

Wind lifted up my hair as soon as the doors opened. "A little?"

We stepped through and he closed the door. My eyes adjusted to the brightness and at that moment my breath was stolen. In front of me was the landscape of the clear blue sky with ripples of clouds approaching us.

"It's beautiful." I said.

"It's going to be even more beautiful in a minute. Come on."

I followed Jack to my surprised, any other day I would have avoided him but I felt so empty that he was just filling up space that I needed. Even if he was a pervert, fuck boy. We went to the side of the building and sat down.

"I was just smoking up here." Jack said, "But it won't hurt to do it again."

"I know." I said. "Weed isn't bad."

"Oh? So you know the true history of weed then?" Jack was already breaking up a gram of it. He flashed me a sexy grin, "that's hot."

I scowled at him, "What is your deal. I can't tell what sort of character you are."

Just like Kale... I can't tell.

They didn't stay in one category for long.

"What do you mean?" Jack asked, his fingers fast at work.

"Like, I don't know if your an evil character or a good one. Dark, mysterious but then you blow me away by acting nice and jokey... I can't tell what you're supposed to be and it bothers me."

Jack stopped breaking the weed and pulled out the wrap. He turned to me, brow arched, "You're trying way to hard to make this into some shojo."

I turned to him, shocked. "You know what shojo is?"

"I do watch anime, and I did read manga. I mean, I don't do it anymore but I'm just saying." He gave me another grin. "I'm bipolar, hun. I don't fall into any category."

I was quiet as I watched him roll up the blunt. He lit it and took a long hit before passing it to me. I took a hit and tasted white grape flavor and let the smoke coil inside of me, before coughing loudly.

"Damn." I coughed. 

"Loud is all I need." He said, taking it.

Jack and I smoked the blunt and watched the clouds come to us. It was calming, my nerves and worries escaped like the smoke that I breathed out.

"Hey." Jack suddenly said.

I turned my head towards him, his bloodshot eyes were nearly shut, he smiled at me as he took a hit and then blew rings towards my face. I snorted, he passed the blunt and I took a long drag, blew out a ring and then shot out another and it went through the first ring.

"Nice." Jack said then blew a smoke ring towards mine just before it faded.

"Cool." I said, then leaned even more back towards the wall. "You know... I said the same thing to Kale one time... about how I didn't get his character."

Jack didn't comment so I continued.

"He said that he didn't get him either."

"Kale's a fucking shit head." Jack suddenly said.

"No he's not, he just misunderstood what happened... I didn't even know what happened."

"Trust me, after that he's not going to be the same with you." Jack leaned up and put a hand on my shoulder. "Listen, he thinks you cheated on him like Alison, there's no redemption for you now... I know him. He's childish when it comes to love, I know."

"And what about you?" I asked.

"Me?" Jack laughed, "I don't need love. I just want pussy."

"You have a sad life." I yawned, remembering that I didn't sleep last night. "Who doesn't need love?"

"It just screws you over in the end, Chocolate."

"Whatever, Jack, you're just a highschooler, you won't think like that forever when you find the right girl." I yawned again and closed my eyes. "When you find the right girl, your views will change."

Jack chuckled softly, "I did find the right girl and I watched her kiss another man."

My body felt heavier and heavier as time flowed. I felt my head hit something, I opened my eyes just barely to see that I was leaning against Jack's shoulders.

"That wasn't the right one." I yawned again and closed my eyes, "the right one wouldn't cheat on the person they love... you were just in an unrequited love Jack... you gotta learn that the right one is who you vibe with the best, its when you respect each other... its... love."