Hayley

The twins brought me to the line of trees. In front of us was Jack's pool and the back of his house.

"What am I looking for?" I asked them, I gave them a sidelong glance. "You aren't planning on murdering me right?"

Tikat suddenly appeared from Ryan's(?) pocket and watched.

"Of course not, we just wanted to tell you something."

"Oh my God, if this is about Kale-" I started but they interrupted me.

"Choca, be quiet." They said, and one of the twins pulled out their phone.

"Don't tell me to be quiet!" I snapped.

The one without the phone crossed his arms, "I think its time you knew the truth before you get hurt."

"Is that a threat?"

Ryan (I think) finished pulling up what he wanted from his phone and showed me the screen.

A picture of a gorgeous girl with fair skin, rose colored cheeks, a heart shaped chin, an annoyingly cute smile that made two dimples appear in her cheeks, was pulled up on the phone. The girl had her brows done amazingly, her mascara on point, and blue eyes staring at the camera brightly. Her chestnut colored hair was straw straight, pulled into two pig tails that didn't look nerdy, and fell below her ample breast. She was standing up, leaned forward a little bit, with her arms behind her back.

"Why are you showing me a picture of a girl?" I asked, arms crossing.

"Her name was Hayley." Jude said.

"Was?" I questioned.

"She's... dead now." Jude and Ryan said at the same time.

I blinked, "That's a shame?" I really didn't get where they were getting at. Like, OK? People die all the time, why are you telling me?

"Hayley was our sister." They said, "A year younger than us, she died two years ago."

Damn... uhm... "I'm sorry for your loss."

"We're showing you this because you need to understand the type of person Kale is." The way they said 'person' implied other words.

I was about to decline their offer but the way they were standing in front of me told me I didn't have a choice. I didn't want to die or anything so I stood still.

I did, however, roll my eyes. "Get on with it."

They weren't going to change my views on Kale. Unlike the lot of them I didn't care about the pass, they need to learn how to let go and move on. I mean, shit, my father did my mother and I wrong but I forgave him.

"We're sure you know how Alison and Kale dated."

I nodded.

"But then she left him for Jack."

Ok, didn't know that.

"Kale was hurt-"

"Anyone would be." I interjected.

"I'm sure you've seen how violent and demanding Kale can be."

Only in bed as far as I know, but I didn't say that.

"Hayley was Alison's best friend so he used her to rile up Alison. That bastard took our sisters virginity out of revenge, to flaunt it in Alison's face. Of course, Alison still had feelings for Kale, they dated for years and he took advantage of that. So Kale fed Hayley lies, made her fall in love, then afterwards he threw her out like trash once Alison decided to go back to Kale but she only did it to protect Hayley. She knew what Kale was up to, so in order to stop him she gave herself up and broke up with Jack. But Kale had already screwed with Hayley to much and she took her own life."

I stood silent.

"We know that he's been messing with you, and we want you to know that he's only doing it to make Alison jealous. He doesn't care about you Choca... you're just a piece of meat that he wants to fuck over to get Alison's attention again."

I tightened my arms, "....Look... all that stuff happened in the past... you don't know that Kale's just using me-"

"Do you honestly believe that?"

Jude added, "I mean, think about it. They have something still don't you think?"

Suddenly I remembered when I caught Jack and Alison at the beach party.... Kale saw them too and he'd gotten so pissed.

I clenched my jaw and thought about earlier where I let him...

I shook my head, "No. I don't believe that."

The twins looked at each other, sighed, then Ryan swiped through his phone. "Then maybe you should take a look at this..."

Ryan played the video.

Kale stared at the camera and scowled, "What are you doing, Ali?"

As soon as he said 'Ali' my heart dove down.

Alison giggled behind the camera.

"Where are they?" I asked.

"The beach house, Alison took this when they were alone."

I was up most of the night... how did I miss this? Suddenly I remembered when I found Jack stumbling out of the beach house. Jack must have seen them and that's why he came out crying.... It was all starting to make sense now and I didn't know if I wanted to continue watching this. 

Kale sighed, then beckoned her to sit with him. The camera got closer to Kale's face as she sat next to him on the guest bed. Alison leaned in and kissed him and he returned it.

I tried to keep the hurt off my face but seeing it bothered me. A lot.

"I missed you." Alison whispered, her face sort of in the video.

Instead of responding Kale glanced at the camera and scowled, "Why are you recording this?"

"Because I want to remember..." Alison's voice filled with hurt. I wanted to slit her throat.

"Remember what?"

"I want to remember that you love me to."

Kale looked at her, his eyes softening. "I'll always have love for you-"

The video cut off just then, my arms tightened around my body as I tried to figure out what the hell that meant. I mean, I knew what it meant but I don't know what it meant for me. My feelings had just been crushed with those few words, I'm hurt and felt like crying but I wouldn't dare do that in front of the twins or anyone.

"You see?" They said at the same time. "He's just using you."

Suddenly I was angry. At everything. I glared at the twins and shoved both of them away with each hand. "Shut up! I'm sick you two and everyone in this stupid place. All of you are fake... assholes!" I breathed hard and started to back away into the forest line. Frustrated tears sprung to my eyes.

"We're sorry, Choca." The twins glanced at each other, nodded, then turned their backs to me and walked away.

"Yeah, go away!" I cried out. "Assholes."

I sniffed and rubbed at my eyes, cursing myself that I ended tearing up anyways. I took a step forward to head home but just as I did something grabbed me from behind. My heart lurched forward, my skin crawled, I tried to scream but just as I did a rag was over my mouth and I slipped away into darkness.